price rise?
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: price rise?

Default price rise?

this was mentioned is an aside in another post in spares wanted but i thought it would be a good discussion startser here.
    I went to pick up a bumper from peugeot that i had ordered some weeks before,i was told that the bumper had risen in price from $175 to $245 and that i was expected to pay the new price.
    i said that i had ordered the bumper before the rise when i was in picking up other parts and that i had ordered then to take advantage of the pre rise price .
    i was then told that MY bumper had been sold and that the new one is the new price.an extra $70
    how can this be i said but looks of blank stares and paper shuffling was the answer.
    i contacted a well known wrecker in the bayswater area and got a new aftermarket one for $175
    now i did take a few weeks to pick it up the ordered one but this was stated when i ordered.
    the aftermarket one is exactely the same as orig parts so i went with it and not only that it gets dilevered to MY DOOR for an extra 8 bucks whoo hoo
    having said this i must state that the fellows at my local pug spares are usually very helpfull and knowledgable[well one guy more than the other] but i suppose this was the exception.
    have you had any similar experiences-BAZZ
    by the way has anyone else rung up city peugeot in melb and got the complete waste of time and energy guy there,you must know him arrogant,rude,never finds anything,knows nothin,guesses everything wrong, sounds quite young guy.i do know his name [it starts with ...no i cant ]but wont put it here for fear of sewage or gettin sued or littagated or,well you know what i mean-BAZZ

Advertisement

Id be speakign to the department of fair trade..

if they quoted you something for that price, then that is the price you get it for, they cant turn around and say nup, we want more money give give give..

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    this was mentioned is an aside in another post in spares wanted but i thought it would be a good discussion startser here.
    I went to pick up a bumper from peugeot that i had ordered some weeks before,i was told that the bumper had risen in price from $175 to $245 and that i was expected to pay the new price.
    i said that i had ordered the bumper before the rise when i was in picking up other parts and that i had ordered then to take advantage of the pre rise price .
    i was then told that MY bumper had been sold and that the new one is the new price.an extra $70
    how can this be i said but looks of blank stares and paper shuffling was the answer.
    i contacted a well known wrecker in the bayswater area and got a new aftermarket one for $175
    now i did take a few weeks to pick it up the ordered one but this was stated when i ordered.
    the aftermarket one is exactely the same as orig parts so i went with it and not only that it gets dilevered to MY DOOR for an extra 8 bucks whoo hoo
    having said this i must state that the fellows at my local pug spares are usually very helpfull and knowledgable[well one guy more than the other] but i suppose this was the exception.
    have you had any similar experiences-BAZZ
    by the way has anyone else rung up city peugeot in melb and got the complete waste of time and energy guy there,you must know him arrogant,rude,never finds anything,knows nothin,guesses everything wrong, sounds quite young guy.i do know his name [it starts with ...no i cant ]but wont put it here for fear of sewage or gettin sued or littagated or,well you know what i mean-BAZZ
    ===============
    1991 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1994 Toyota Camry CSI
    2002 Honda CBR600F4i
    1989 Honda CD250U
    www.mad-biker.com
    ===============

nJm

Agree with MadBiker

What they have done is illegal.

I suggest you filter through www.accc.gov.au and print it off and show them, or just report them.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

yeh i know about the office of fair trading ect ,but i really cant be bothered[appathetic i know]over $70. iwas telling the experience more as a topic starter to see what other people had experienced
    cheers -BAZZ

Thread Information