i wanna build a mi16 205
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon11 i wanna build a mi16 205

what is the best way to go about gettin one up and running... where could i find an mi16 engine. how fast do these lil demons run??? are we talkin clio sport terrain??? i really dont no... thanks guys

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pug maniac
    what is the best way to go about gettin one up and running... where could i find an mi16 engine. how fast do these lil demons run??? are we talkin clio sport terrain??? i really dont no... thanks guys

if you go buy a euro spec your talking 160hp teritory, in an extremely light car, have a talk to some of the 205 nuts on here like PeterT, MYT205, and some of the people who've done it before like jr20516v for some info.... my only advice to you is to go to a wreacking yard DON'T pull another 405MI16 or BX16V off the road to fund a car that will more then likely end up in acident or writen off (eventually) .... either way though why don't you just buy the one thats for sale and save yourself the time and effort 205 Mi16 for sale also do a search as you will find a whole heap of posts about 205 MI16's and what to/not to do
    Last edited by orestes; 11th August 2004 at 05:35 PM.

or buy the one I'm building.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by 3006882
    thats a NOS assisted pug. 180 odd HP at the wheels!

niel is also selling his 205 Mi16. very very good deal. sure he's in queensland but save you a lot of time and A LOT OF MONEY! check it out in the cars for sale section

massive bargin.
    Renn
    Peugeot 205 s16
    Megane RS 225 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by 3006882
    that actually started life as 1.6l 8v engine if i'm correct and is NOT an mi16... i'm pretty sure its still an 8v

Correct.

But has more power than a standard Mi16 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by MYT205
    Correct.

But has more power than a standard Mi16 engine.
    wasn't saying it didn't (with nos ???)... its a nice car and i would buy it if i had the money spare unfortounately i dont have that sort of money... from what i can tell from reading its all been done properly and i couldn't think of a beter way to do it (besides using a 16v engine ) it would be a good buy to anyone that would give it a good home... i'm sure you could get just as much out of an MI16 but i doubt most people here would be willing to do all the mods
    Last edited by orestes; 11th August 2004 at 11:42 AM.

You've misunderstood me.

You will get more power out of a Mi16 with the same mods.

All I was saying is that I have more power than a standard Mi16 engine. Nothing more. I was really just having a dig at the Mi16 owners.

Tadpole

thanks guys. been very helpful... ill probably just buy one that someone else built and save myself some time....

Quote Originally Posted by MYT205
    You've misunderstood me.

You will get more power out of a Mi16 with the same mods.

All I was saying is that I have more power than a standard Mi16 engine. Nothing more. I was really just having a dig at the Mi16 owners.
    you've misunderstood me as well... allls i was saying is that yes it has more power then a standard Mi16 and yes it has been done properly and i couldn't think of a better way ro do it... and that it looks like like a really good car that someone should buy... and what i said after that is that it is posible to get more out of an MI16 but in the long run it would be more time and effort then most people would be willing to put in which is another reason why somebody should buy one thats allready been done... or buy a car such as yours and go from there

Thread Information