Hello, quick question about alloy wheels
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 Hello, quick question about alloy wheels

Hello everyone,

I'm new around here (first post actually) and a few months ago i bought a 2004 206 XRS that came with 14" x 5.5" Ouragan alloys.

I'm looking at buying new wheels and if anyone has looked into factory rim prices they can understand why i'm looking at selling the old set =P

What amount (roughly of course) could i expect if i sell a set of 4 with 3 month old michelin tyres privately, like ebay or the trading post? Or the buy/sell section of aussiefrogs! I've seen some 206cc wheels on sale in the buy sell for $700 but that was the only ad i found, anyone else with an idea please help!

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies!
    -Sparkius-

Advertisement

Welcome to AF!...
    Here is hope that you have looked at all the good and bad of alloywheels etc.
    Your traget market is small so selling will be a case of patiance but a price figure of about $700 sounds fair if they are trully A1, but most people looking for A1 tend to buy new.... Keep faith and use our car parts wanted/sale section below too, aswel as the papers, good luck. Cheers-Chris
    Last edited by CHRI'S16; 9th August 2004 at 06:43 PM. Reason: hit submit too early
    ... ptui!

Tadpole

Icon9 Good and Bad?

Thanks for your help chris, what do you mean good and bad?

I'm looking at buying peugeot alloys, probably 16" 5 spokes similar to the GTI180, and because the outside rolling diameter of the tyres will be the same (low prof. tyres) there's no need to reset the speedo, and genuine peugeot parts don't affect the warranty.... PLUS my insurance is fine cos you can buy a 206 with 16s as standard on the GTI so they're cool.... (Plus i work in the car insurance industry so insurance will not be a problem.)

What's the downside? other than cost and depreciation i mean...

I don't know how old you are, but i'm 19 and this is my first quality car, first peugeot, first car worthy of doing anything to, so i've got a lot to learn! any help is much appreciated!

Thanks again!

It is quite possible that the alloys might actually be heavier than the standard 14's.
    If you cannot sell them I'd suggest keeping them and selling them with the car, that way it will look like a standard car and might actually be easier to sell. Its normally prefferable to buy cars that are stock unmodified.
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

Thread Information