Paint Code for 504
  • Register
  • Help

Default Paint Code for 504

Hi all,

I'm getting some rust cut out of my 504 next week and a touch up respray job, however I can't identify the exact colour. I thought the code was printed into the wheel arch up near the battery but cannot find anything. That red and white sticker with E2 10 11 13 .... is not a paint code is it?

Anybody seen this colour before. It is the original colour as have pulled out carpets and seats etc and same colour all over. Apparently is a colour made for Queensland models?

Advertisement

Peter J.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paint Code for 504-cockroach1b.jpg  
    PJ

If its an Aust build with a Dulon sticker I have the code books. I'll see if there are any numbers fitting your description.
    Any more info will help ( like a digi photo )

From my monitor it looks like it could be a colour called Deep Flamingo, sort of a metallic reddish brown used on late 1976-77 cars. The Dulux code is 562.30000.

Probably give the build date on the compliance date just to confirm. Sometimes the paint code sticker is stuck on the manufacturers plate on the RH wheel arch under the bonnet too.

The E numbers you quote are the European standards codes that the car has been built to comply with.

Thanks Phil and Simon,

The car is December 1977 build date which fits in with your suggestion. Metallic reddish brown is an accurate description. There is no paint code identification. Has dissappeared along the line somewhere. I'll check that code out.

Thanks Peter J.
    PJ

from the info supplied: for a '77 local car the closest is Tawny Gold. Dulon code is 30054. Tinters are 16927 bright orange(setting 169),740-reduced black- 252, 5439 mid yellow-500. Have the spray shop mix to match a small pot to spray out given that the original application will have oxidised so it may need some ochre to lighten the colour.
    Hope this helps.
    Bon chance.
    Phil

Thread Information