406 SV Map Sensor
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 406 SV Map Sensor

Greetings,

My 1998 406 SV is in need of a new MAP sensor, which I am advised will fix the slightly erratic idle. The part will be covered by warrenty, but as I am in Canberra and the car was bought in Melbourne, the dealer will just send me the part and I will install it. My question is, where does this device live? I am assuming it is somewhere between the throttle and the inlet manifold, but as I don't have, and can't get a workshop manual apart from the ones on CD-ROM, I am a little unsure where I should be looking.

Thanks,

John P

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi

Have a look on the inlet manifold for a small black rubber tube plugged on to it, Follow it to the other end & you should find it attached to a small black box with a plug attached.

Thats the map sensor, Make sure you blow down the tube towards the inlet manifold before you fit the new sensor & NEVER blow down the tube into the map sensor, Instant map sensor death if you do!

Are you sure the MAP sensor is faulty? The idle speed stepper motor can cause similar probs.
    Cant Melrose Motors the local Pug dealer help if it's a warranty prob?
    Local Peugeot club mechanic may be able to assist

Regards Decca
    Present --2016 2008 Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

Tadpole

Default MMMMMMMMMMMMMMm

Could be the idle control valve, pretty sure u have them on your type of car....give it a clean!!! Does not sound like your MAP sensor, Mit be my mistake but the map sensor, works at greater load not idle...

Greetings
    I have a similar problem - and the loacl pug dealer tells me that its the stepper motor - when I was in CBR I found Melrose really keen to assist but that was several years ago when thery were a new dealer according to a friend wh has just bought a new 307 and is having problems tat does NOT seem to be the case now

Cheers

Thread Information