Remote central locking
  • Register
  • Help

Icon4 Remote central locking

Ok recently my cars been playing up, doesn't happen all the time but does happen quite often.. the remote central locking keeps unlocking itself everytime I try to lock it.. it locks then straight away unlocks and the indicators don't blink.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? if so how did you fix it?

Advertisement

Btw.. yes all doors were closed properly.

Could be a dirty/loose/maladjusted switch that senses the doors are closed thereby thinking a door is ajar.
    " and the indicators dont blink" what model Pug is it?

Decca
    '
    Present --2016 2008 Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

it's a 206 gti 1999 model
    would anyone happen to know where the door sensors are located?

yeap they usually blink once to indicate that the door is locked.

I dont have a 206 manual but looked at a late 306 one and the central locking is separate from the interior light setup, so assume the same in a 206, so probs are probably in the solenoid/switch setup in the door. ( thought a door light switch may be the cuplrit.)
    One thing to check is the zapper itself, dont know if you have a second one to see if the problem still exists with it, but what may be happening is a dirty switch in the zapper could cause two signals to go out in quick succession (due to contact bounce?) causing the car to lock then immediately unlock due to the second signal arriving

Decca
    Present --2016 2008 Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

Quote Originally Posted by choiboi
    Ok recently my cars been playing up, doesn't happen all the time but does happen quite often.. the remote central locking keeps unlocking itself everytime I try to lock it.. it locks then straight away unlocks and the indicators don't blink.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? if so how did you fix it?

Btw.. yes all doors were closed properly.
    It sounds like either one of the door sensors has had the chop (ie. the door thinks it's open when it's not) or more likely one of the actual lock motors is on the way out, from memory. This was a common problem on early GTis, unfortunately. I think Mr Bern had this problem once?

There is a little bit of info on it here.

The replacement locks are slightly different, in that they have been redesigned, but I think that means they may need some tweaking to fit them to early model cars, wiring wise. Know any friendly Peugeot Service people?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

check with the key if both locks operate smoothly. If there is resistance, one of the motors may be occasionally sensing open door (as the closing function hasnt completed due to resistance) and will operate the central locking to open the doors. Its a simple test before you have to start taking the door trim off.
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

thanks for the reply guys.. here's something that I noticed when it happens.. all I got to do to stop it from re-unlocking is turn the car ignition to the "on" position hmm sounds like it could be some sort of computer glitch??

doesn't seem like anything mechanical or anythin' to do with the actual motor..

any ideas guys?

Default sticky lock motor

Hi all, have one door lock on '93 Mi16 that looks like it is trying to move. Does anyone know if these motors can be freed up? or just need replacing. Also the Haines manual seems to indicate removal of both internal and external door handles to remove motor, Any easier way to remove motor only?
    any info appreciated.

Ralph

Tadpole

Having the same problem with my 206. Did you happen to fnd out what was wrong ChoiBoi ????

Thread Information