205 Si interior into GTi
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 Si interior into GTi

Well looks like no one wants to buy 205s at the moment, so I'll probably hang onto it.

Advertisement

I was thinking, considering red carpet is starting to look a bit tacky in the 205, not being in the best condition anymore, and the original sheen has gone from the door trims - how hard would it be to get Si door trims/carpet into a S1 GTi?

What would the likelihood of being able to get a carpet from one of those car carpet places - where you just order the whole interior carpet?

Are the seats different? Because I really doubt my seats have a lot of life left in them, and are starting to get a little loose on the seams.

Also - whats involved in getting the later dash into the car? Is it impossible?

I would probably prefer a grey interior, even if it isn't original, it isn't exactly going to look out of place. Any ideas?

Nick

your door trims will come up a treat if you hit em with some amoural[spelling?} and let it soak in ,also the dash and exterior plastic trim ,mine had lost all its sheen and i got it preety well back although its never gonna look new again it looks preety goddam good,
    look in parts for sale section as i have seen carpets and whole interiors and trims for sale.post a wanted to buy in the parts section ,look for past posts and email them if it looked like no one answered the ad,might be worth a shot.good luck -BAZZ

Nikky can u really be fagged?

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by nchandler
    Well looks like no one wants to buy 205s at the moment, so I'll probably hang onto it.

I was thinking, considering red carpet is starting to look a bit tacky in the 205, not being in the best condition anymore, and the original sheen has gone from the door trims - how hard would it be to get Si door trims/carpet into a S1 GTi?

What would the likelihood of being able to get a carpet from one of those car carpet places - where you just order the whole interior carpet?

Are the seats different? Because I really doubt my seats have a lot of life left in them, and are starting to get a little loose on the seams.

Also - whats involved in getting the later dash into the car? Is it impossible?

I would probably prefer a grey interior, even if it isn't original, it isn't exactly going to look out of place. Any ideas?

Nick

The seats are still very supportive and I think would be the same.
    My SI is in much better interior condition (seats don't move around etc.) than the GTI even though they have done about the same number of Ks. Due no doubt to the SI being owned by a lady dentist, while the GTIs are thrashed around by people like us!
    Don't know that I'd bother about the dash, I actually like the slide controls better.

Graham Wallis

My GTi has got SI seats in it.

Thread Information