Fuel consumption for new gti 180
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Tadpole

Default Fuel consumption for new gti 180

I have only had the car less than 2 weeks and seem to be getting poor fuel consumption. Is that normal or as being new do they run rich

thanks

Advertisement

What figures are you getting? Also what sort of driving are you doing most?
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Tadpole

i did 360km on my last tank. I drive on the m5 to work at 5am (no traffic).

Fellow Frogger!

when i first got it i was averaging about 400-450 a tank - mainly because it has a fit about 'low fuel level' all the time in the last 100km so i fill it up to shut it up. you should be averaging about 11L/100 with average city driving with a bit of a squirt every couple minutes

Tadpole

the let the low fuel level go down to 30km before empty then it went to ----km befor empty
    weird

would running a gti on soemthing lik vortex increase the fuel consumption considerably?

should I run my car exclusively on 98 RON unleaded?

I run mine on 98RON always.

I have done 1700KM and consistently get 10.5 l/100km. City driving.

(my wife gets 8.5 in her Merc......I'm glad, 'cause we need to save this money to help pay for the bloody thing)
    '04 206 GTi 180

Fellow Frogger!

I think about 400 is the norm isnt it?

My tank guage doesnt go all the way to the top bar, which is something Im raising at my "courtesy" service.

My computer tells me i'm doing 10.4 mainly city & boots on wekend. 7000 ks now.
    My dial doesn't go all the way up either.
    98 RON last nite for 114.7c & thats including fuel docket. Either that or walk to work.
    93.9c the nite before...

Hey smokey, might want to check out august Road&Track. Theres a lotus Elise for ya.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=1419
    ( sorry guys, went off the topic)

My fuel pointer didn't go all the way up took it into service and they fixed the problem. They made me pay for a full tank of petrol so they could test it. But alteast they filled up optimax.

Fellow Frogger!

ooo ooo ooo, thanks element.

why cant an elise be a daily car? I mean I dont drive to work, so its usually only weekend use and going out during week nights (which is naughty on a school night anyway )

Some people seem to use them for daily commuting.

in a full tank in my 206gti180 i get around 385-410 and use shell petrol
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Fellow Frogger!

I ran my 180 on 95 RON for the first time the other weekend on my trip down great ocean road from adelaide & back. There was no noticable difference, but i would still prefer the better detergents and cleaner fuel etc. of 98 products to 95 - even though the car is only tuned to 95...

Tadpole

My fuel pointer doesn't go all the way up either

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by jfn180
    in a full tank in my 206gti180 i get around 385-410 and use shell petrol

Since all of you guys have got got fuel computers why not take a reading from the average fuel consumption rather than state nebulous tank distances.

Graham Wallis

Quote Originally Posted by LeighO
    I ran my 180 on 95 RON for the first time the other weekend on my trip down great ocean road from adelaide & back. There was no noticable difference, but i would still prefer the better detergents and cleaner fuel etc. of 98 products to 95 - even though the car is only tuned to 95...
    I've run a couple tanks of BP 95 and Caltex Vortex recently and there was minimal difference in performance. I've just put a tank of Mobil Synergy in now and it's quite sluggish again. Maybe because I have a full tank...will see how it goes when I'm through half of it. The Caltex fuel wasn't too bad, I must say. Have they changed their formula recently? They're certainl advertising more recently.

Quote Originally Posted by LeighO
    I'll have to give you a call sometime Leigh to hear the stories Pretty special piece of road eh, and especially the views.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    I'll have to give you a call sometime Leigh to hear the stories Pretty special piece of road eh, and especially the views.
    I totally missed the mention of GOR there! hehe. You don't see the view, Jude, you hear it!

Leigh, how was the 180 on it? I found the ST needed a bit more rebound dampening at times with some of the drop aways mid corner. Notice anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    I totally missed the mention of GOR there! hehe. You don't see the view, Jude, you hear it!

Leigh, how was the 180 on it? I found the ST needed a bit more rebound dampening at times with some of the drop aways mid corner. Notice anything like that?
    Lincoln LOL you're not wrong there especially on the Thursday when I first went through. Though I did get to see the excellent view when I retraced some of the route the next day (public holiday) and was stuck behind slow traffic. Geez I feel like getting out there again soon....
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Fellow Frogger!

I probably did notice it, but i dont remember any of those sort of details, but i do remember the first part near warrnambool felt a bit like that.

It was scattered showers / sunshine all weekend and i was primarily there to get my quality time with the missus. The roads are fantastic though and i can't wait to do it again!

Funny though - the most concerning thing all weekend was that i kept running out of petrol and wouldnt drive through town until after 4:30-5. In fact, i was lucky to make it to mount gambier from adelaide!

I've done just over 1000km since the last trip computer reset. It's currently sitting on 9.8km/100L but it jumps up and down a point or two depending on traffic conditions or if I give it some stick or whatever really. All of these km have been on the Shell Optimax fuel so it's all consistent with me. It's mostly city driving, to and from work within Melbourne.

As for the fuel indicator. Mine goes to the top, but doesn't stay there long...

Cheers
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    I think about 400 is the norm isnt it?

My tank guage doesnt go all the way to the top bar, which is something Im raising at my "courtesy" service.
    Well, there is one problem with the 206 - you have to fill it s l o w l y. That's if you want to fill it right to the top. If you don't mind only filling it to 3/4 or 7/8 then just squeeze the trigger till it stops. But you'll never get very good range out of it.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    I've run a couple tanks of BP 95 and Caltex Vortex recently and there was minimal difference in performance. I've just put a tank of Mobil Synergy in now and it's quite sluggish again. Maybe because I have a full tank...will see how it goes when I'm through half of it. The Caltex fuel wasn't too bad, I must say. Have they changed their formula recently? They're certainl advertising more recently.
    I've used Vortex in my 138 and now in my 180. My work gives me a Caltex card only. Never had any dramas with it, and regularly got 700kms from the 138. The 180 is a thirstier beast, but it is only new.

They haven't changed their formula, they are marketing it differently. Vortex Gold is slowly turning into Vortex Premium at their stations. I wrote to them recently about 98 RON, and apparently the hot rumour is that they will have 98 for sale by Christmas. I call it a rumour cause I won't believe the email response I got till I see it for sale
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Icon3

Hi this is to do with the 180 fuel consumption figures.
    I got my 206 gti 180 in on the 20th of may 04 and have done 10,146km since. I drive it for work so i keep a log, on a city average I get 9.6L/100, I only use shell optimax and fill the car up in the morning because the fuel is cooler, so you get a more condensed fuel, depending on temp up to 9% for the same price (my old man used to work for Shell Australia).

Icon3

Hi this is to do with the 180 fuel consumption figures.
    I got my 206 gti 180 on the 20th of may 04 and have done 10,146km since. I drive it for work so i keep a log, on a city average I get 9.6L/100, I only use shell optimax and fill the car up in the morning because the fuel is cooler, so you get a more condensed fuel, depending on temp up to 9% for the same price (my old man used to work for Shell Australia).

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information