504 LTI for sale
  • Register
  • Help

Default 504 LTI for sale

just saw this on ebay and i thought somebody might be intrested in some spare parts or an injected engine to drop into there car at $200 its a bit of a bargin

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....486008744&rd=1

Advertisement

With the price up to $355 with six days to go, it might well be 'silly money' for a car that's got terms like 'rust has taken its toll' and 'ambitious restoration project' in its description!

Still climbing. I guess the motor is of interest (Fuel injected). Are they that rare? It is a 504 L. Does that means solid axle at rear?

Peter J.
    PJ

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J
    Still climbing. I guess the motor is of interest (Fuel injected). Are they that rare? It is a 504 L. Does that means solid axle at rear?

Peter J.
    No it is an LTI, Luxury Touring Injection. This was a local model only and probably the least attractive of all 504s as it came with an auto trans and extra complications such as power windows but still had the crappy local seats and trim. Some people may appreciate the sunroof, however.

Graham Wallis

Sunroof is a good thing, also the extra room around the gearbox for when you fit a 5-speed.

The electric windows were only on the front, weren't they, Graham? And wasn't the air conditioning compressor mount a lousy thing?

Seats can be changed or re-covered...

As for the availability of TI engines, I have accumulated several over three years and I know where there is another if anyone is interested. It is also in a car with a sunroof, but not an LTI and it does need a bit of work.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

all LTI's had as standard

sunroof
    front power windows
    factory tinted glass
    factory air conditioning
    metallic paint
    automatic

normal TI's had most of these as options
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    all LTI's had as standard

sunroof
    front power windows
    factory tinted glass
    factory air conditioning
    metallic paint
    automatic

normal TI's had most of these as options
    i beleive that not all LTI's had metalic paint but thats jumping at straws... i also beleive i saw one of the light green coloured pugs for sale on ebay that was an LTI no less then a month ago

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    i beleive that not all LTI's had metalic paint but thats jumping at straws... i also beleive i saw one of the light green coloured pugs for sale on ebay that was an LTI no less then a month ago

all LTI's had metallic paint

they were the upmarket TI

there were no white LTI's either

they were a bit like the 604 in that they were all metallic except that the 604 did come in white

all 604's and LTI's had factory tinted windows

all 604's and LTI's had sunroofs

all 604's and LTI's had power windows

all 604's and LTI's had factory air

the LTI luxury list was there to differentiate the LTI from the normal TI and other 504's
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

all LTI's had metallic paint

they were the upmarket TI

there were no white LTI's either

they were a bit like the 604 in that they were all metallic except that the 604 did come in white

all 604's and LTI's had factory tinted windows

all 604's and LTI's had sunroofs

all 604's and LTI's had power windows

all 604's and LTI's had factory air

the LTI luxury list was there to differentiate the LTI from the normal TI and other 504's

so they made automatic TI's ??? because i've seen what was definately an automatic and a fuel injected 504 in non metalic paint and i saw one one of the light greens for sale on ebay no less then a month ago... unless it was resprayed, or the guy that was selling it was lieing about what it was
    Last edited by orestes; 6th August 2004 at 01:08 PM.

so they made automatic TI's ??? because i've seen what was definately an automatic and a fuel injected 504 in non metalic paint and i saw one one of the light greens for sale on ebay no less then a month ago... unless it was resprayed, or the guy that was selling it was lieing about what it was

yes there were normal automatic TI's but without everything else that made up the LTI they are not an LTI

TI's come in both manual and auto and LTI's came with what i have already posted above

LTI's were the luxury version of the normal TI
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Fellow Frogger!

I've always wondered if the New Zealand Ti's like mine were true French-model Ti's.

I have the injected engine obviously, electric front windows, no sunroof, the paint is Dulux (Painted in NZ) blue.

The steering wheel is the more delicate, seeminly 'old' style steering wheel with the silver lion in the middle.

I know 504's were assembled at Campbell Motors in Thames, and GL's that I have seen have 'Assembled by Campbell Motors' stamped on them, but mine does not have this, but it has the Dulux NZ paint stamped on.

It has 'PVI 177' (Or a similar number) stamped onto the chassis by the radiator, which has been explained to me as 'Peugeot Vehicle Injected ###'. They taper off at about 200 apparently.

Does anyone know is New Zealand Ti's were fully assembled here?
    Last edited by Louis; 6th August 2004 at 01:29 PM.

we have owned straight normal TI's

we have had an auto TI with a sunroof

we have had a manual TI with front power windows

we have also had an LTI with all the above options

the thing the LTI should have had was the ZF auto instead of the BW auto as they are a better box in my opinion

as for NZ TI's i have no idea about them

as far as i know LTI's were an aussie thing
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

The Borg-Warner 35, however, has a taller second gear. This makes it better for overtaking.

For that matter, I don't think there's much wrong with the B-W at all, and previous discussions about repair costs for B-W and ZF make me wonder why anyone would want the German box.

I currently have a sunroof TI that's an automatic. It started life in white, so it can't have been an LTI, the doors have been changed so I have no way of knowing for sure if it ever had window lifts. But it wasn't air conditioned either...

I once pulled an engine out of an LTI that was fitted with a manual transmission. I didn't know at that time that LTIs were supposed to be automatic, so I didn't look for tell-tale signs (like inhibitor switch wires...) of this having been changed.

we have owned straight normal TI's

we have had an auto TI with a sunroof

we have had a manual TI with front power windows

we have also had an LTI with all the above options

the thing the LTI should have had was the ZF auto instead of the BW auto as they are a better box in my opinion

as for NZ TI's i have no idea about them

as far as i know LTI's were an aussie thing
    i always thought the borg warner was the better of two boxes

i always thought the borg warner was the better of two boxes

the borg warner is the cheaper of the two to repair but the ZF is the smoother and longer lasting unit

to keep a ZF operating for many years all you need do is replace the filter and keep the services up to it and it will far outlast a BW box

take an auto 504 for a drive then take a comparable 505 for a drive and note the difference
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Owen Wuillemin has had both and is definite about the advantage of the second gear ratio in the B-W. If, however, the ZF later had a different ratio, that would make a difference.

At this stage in these cars' lives, by the way, I think the B-W has another advantage. More people are familiar with them and when the inevitable service is required you can simply throw in bits from Freeways or Hillmans and keep them running.

Ray,

you might have to ad the precursor - 'Austin' to your Freeway in the last post so that the youngens' reading can understand.
    Then again, maybe you'll have to explain how great Austin was in the 50's and 60's!!!

ipb.

When are you in Canberra next?

I hate to contradict you PugRambo BUT,

Not all LTI's had electric windows. My sister drives one *green* and it's manual windows in the front, hers is also a BA10/5 conversion. It's a 10/75 car.

I also have just aquired a VERY origional low mileage LTI which also has manual windows. It is a 3/76.

I am led to understand that LTI ran from Mid 75 to late 76 I think only the last of them had electric windows ?

Cheers

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Quote Originally Posted by Pug_405_Mi16
    I hate to contradict you PugRambo BUT,

Not all LTI's had electric windows. My sister drives one *green* and it's manual windows in the front, hers is also a BA10/5 conversion. It's a 10/75 car.

I also have just aquired a VERY origional low mileage LTI which also has manual windows. It is a 3/76.

I am led to understand that LTI ran from Mid 75 to late 76 I think only the last of them had electric windows ?

Cheers

Ben

they may have been changed out

i know from my old man talking to Damon Beck, one of the Hazel brothers and Allan Mackay a few years back when Damon was at renault aus/JRA and the hazels were up and running and Allan was still alive that all LTI's had the extras as listed

maybe the cars you have down there were optioned down from new
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Originally posted by ipb205
    ...you might have to add the precursor - 'Austin' to your Freeway in the last post so that the youngens' reading can understand.
    Then again, maybe you'll have to explain how great Austin was in the 50's and 60's!!!

ipb.

When are you in Canberra next?
    Not real sure, actually... but I'll be in the general area next Sunday/Monday...

As for Austin being great... well, that has to be qualified, doesn't it?

Suspension was terrible, but there were some redeeming features. The A99 I had for several years was a fabulous tow car and a fantastic highway cruiser... got 24mpg sitting on 105mph all the time.

On the subject of these 'manual' windows, perhaps the electric lifts have given out and been replaced?

Fellow Frogger!

Hi, this car went for $590!!!!! Ray, perhaps we should be trotting out our ti stuff and selling it on ebay!?

I showed some early interest as it had good tyres on Aunger classics and bilsteins (and another ti donk never goes astray). The body was very rusty and I couldn't see it being resurrected.

Cheers

Jim

Thread Information