Insurance on Remus
  • Register
  • Help

Default Insurance on Remus

Does anybody know if it will effect my insurance if i add a REMUS exhaust to my 307???

Advertisement

I wouldnt think it would affect your insurance. But I would let them know of the modification as if you are involved in a prang and they inspect your vehicle they can void your policy if there are any mods (including things like window tinting) they they dont know about.

It does however depend on things like your rating, how long you've been with them, what their attitude is to mods, what mood you get the assessor in etc!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by 30780Y
    Does anybody know if it will effect my insurance if i add a REMUS exhaust to my 307???

They'd probably slog you, my advice................Dont tell 'em!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Where is the cheapest place to buy P7000 in NSW?

save your money i had a remus muffler on my 306 and it was a BIG waste of money it cost my $650 and out of that i lost bottom end power from and only got 1%better top end power the only good thing about the remus was the sound 10/10

i had the remus on my 306 for 1 year and i took it off and get the exhurst from the cat back and that cost me $760 and i got more top and bottom end power i got that done from hi-tech mufflers,go and see hi-tech or some else

p.s aslo i sold my remus for $120 it took 6 months to sell it
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Hey where abouts is hi tech mufflers and hows the sound of that?

Quote Originally Posted by choiboi
    Hey where abouts is hi tech mufflers and hows the sound of that?

http://www.hitechmufflers.com/

its on parramatta rd leichhardt,the sound of the exhurst was good they ask me how loud i want it,i say i want it the some as the remus, it did sound as good as the remus
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Quote Originally Posted by jfn180
    save your money i had a remus muffler on my 306 and it was a BIG waste of money it cost my $650 and out of that i lost bottom end power from and only got 1%better top end power the only good thing about the remus was the sound 10/10

i had the remus on my 306 for 1 year and i took it off and get the exhurst from the cat back and that cost me $760 and i got more top and bottom end power i got that done from hi-tech mufflers,go and see hi-tech or some else

p.s aslo i sold my remus for $120 it took 6 months to sell it
    Was ur Remus mid to end??? Cos that might explain y u lost bottom end power....... SO did u have to tell ur insurance??? Also Devil is gd or not??? i personaly prefer Remus because of the sound

Quote Originally Posted by 30780Y
    Was ur Remus mid to end??? Cos that might explain y u lost bottom end power....... SO did u have to tell ur insurance??? Also Devil is gd or not??? i personaly prefer Remus because of the sound

i don`t know about the mid, i did not tell my insurance, ask them because thats a mod
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

i had a remus backbox on my 306 which had the most amazing burble (?) off throttle. *****! its exhaust note was sutble at low revs but as you wound up the engine, it just sounded like anarchy (if ever there was a word to describe the sound!).

think it gave the car a massive 0.0000000001% power increase.

the only noticeable performance gain, i felt, was increased throttle response - it just revved alot easier.

my insurer, at the time - QBE - allowed up to two engine/performance mods without affecting my premium... so yeah, remus backbox , and errr platinum sparkies!
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Quote Originally Posted by pugjet
    i had a remus backbox on my 306 which had the most amazing burble (?) off throttle. *****! its exhaust note was sutble at low revs but as you wound up the engine, it just sounded like anarchy (if ever there was a word to describe the sound!).

think it gave the car a massive 0.0000000001% power increase.

the only noticeable performance gain, i felt, was increased throttle response - it just revved alot easier.

my insurer, at the time - QBE - allowed up to two engine/performance mods without affecting my premium... so yeah, remus backbox , and errr platinum sparkies!
    So from what u are telling me, don't get a remus becasue it wont effect the performance??? Well i love the sound of the REMUS to be honest...... But thnx for ur advice........ Keep u posted

Thread Information