MG ZT vs GTi180 comparison review in 'Motor'
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default MG ZT vs GTi180 comparison review in 'Motor'

Has anyone had a read of the comparison review in the latest motor magazine?

Advertisement

I was actually reading the lotus vs porsche article when my eyes drifted on this article. I didnt have a read as I needed to get lunch, and well only had my lunch money on me.

Yeap I have.. seen the updated mg? hmm I much prefer the round lights of the older model.

Fellow Frogger!

i think the new mg is nice, but its heavy.

im actually looking through the mags cause I am looking into lotus elise. Has anyone owned or driven an elise?

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    Has anyone owned or driven an elise?
    Nope but I've got a loan of one for the weekend. Will report back after I show it no mercy.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Nope but I've got a loan of one for the weekend. Will report back after I show it no mercy.

Cal.
    You are one fortunate bugger Cal! I look forward to the details!
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Fellow Frogger!

Cal.
    Take me for a spin

Fellow Frogger!

Has anyone had a read of the comparison review in the latest motor magazine?

I was actually reading the lotus vs porsche article when my eyes drifted on this article. I didnt have a read as I needed to get lunch, and well only had my lunch money on me.
    Yep I've read the review and it's an intersting comparison. It seems that the MG is a bit more of an involving drive. It apprently reminds the reviewer of the 205 gti in terms of handling traits. The engine is also supposed to be a bit louder as it redlines. In comparson they seem to note that the 180 is more of a polished product whilst the MG is a bit rougher and slightly more entertaining because of that.

Oh and by the way in this review they managed to get a 0-100 time of 7.37 unlike some other review which out of kindness will not mention :wink:
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Fellow Frogger!

cal take some photos, ooooooooo im soooooooooooo jealous. Why cant i just have one, why why why !!!!!!!!!!! (ok aside from the fact I could only afford 1/3 of it).

yeah the 0-100 time does seem to be a little more accurate. Havnt read the full review yet, got the mag though. Lunch time reading.

Tadpole

im actually looking through the mags cause I am looking into lotus elise. Has anyone owned or driven an elise?
    Yep, driven, great fun. Hire one, or go down and BS the Rick Damelian guy into a test drive.

Fellow Frogger!

How much to hire?

Fellow Frogger!

another review of the 180 is in the magazine "new car". It states a time of 7.7 I believe. Seems to be a fair review, some good, some not so good. But states it fairly.

Cal.
    Yep, I've got one in the drive at the moment, complete with Dunlop R's. They are simply sensational but make an MX-5 seem like a practical family car. I've also driven a Sport 190 race car, a road Sport R and Sport 140 (both on race tracks) ditto a Mk2 111s. And to top it off a mate of mine has an Exige....
    Regards,
    Matt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just incase anyone hasnt seen it - the article is here (i'll get a better quality scan one of these days)
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

I have driven one & fallen in love with it from day 1. A mate of mine has one & I get a spin every now & then. I also hired one from Classic Car Hire while they briefly operated out of Perth 2 yrs ago. Before driving it I thought nothing could top my old 205GTi Gutmann but this thing changed my perspective of handling for ever! My current ambition is to get into one before I turn 30 which is a goal I set myself a few years ago. I only have 2 years to go so I might have to think about selling some Cits (or my girlfriend ) to get there if I have to! I have driven a couple of Porsches, a Maserati Khamsin, Ferrari's & various Jap ricer cars & none have come close to the experience of the Elise. I think style wise, bang for bucks wise & its exotic factor make it a bargain buy. They seem to be very reliable now as well which has always been a Lotus bugbear but hey, as a CX owner, who am I to quibble? Go & buy one, you wont regret it

PS Lotus used Renault engines at one stage so I guess its an honorary Froggy as well??
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Thread Information