mi 16s engine differences
  • Register
  • Help

mi 16s engine differences

what are the differences between the OZ alloy Mi16 and the UK spec

is it similar to the difference between the 8v's? i found some pretty good info in previous forums on the 8v's. but only found info on the cars themselves when searching for the 16.

Advertisement

does it limit the potential power? is it $ and difficlut to convert the old to UK spec?

i keep searching but if anyone canpoint me in the right direction. oh and are ther any external differences so you can pick the diff? if at all
    cheers

<small>[ 17 September 2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: renn_205 ]</small>
    Renn
    Peugeot 205 s16
    Megane RS 225 Cup

Hi Renn, I'm no expert but there are 2 issues to contemplate here. Firstly the difference between the 2.0 cast and 1.9 alloy Mi16 motors and secondly the issue between CAT and NON-CAT motors. I'm assuming for now that you're talking about the second issue ie cat/non-cat differences.

PeterT is one of the resident experts on this forum re these motors and there should be some previous posts.

I've also participated in a few discussions on the UK forum - have a look at these 2 posts from 205gtidrivers forum:-
    <a href="http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8661&hl=mi16+difference" target="_blank">Mi16 differences - post 1</a>
    <a href="http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6846&hl=mi16+difference" target="_blank">mi16 differences - post 2</a>

Cheers
    Steve
    Renault Clio F1R27 road car and Supercharged Lotus Elise track car

Retarded inlet timing, lower CR and a cat.convertor are three differences. Fixing the inlet timing is cheap. Raising the compression is expensive and would only be done during a major rebuild, as you have to check valve to piston clearances.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information