Exterior Mods 306
  • Register
  • Help

Exterior Mods 306

Does anyone know anywhere in Sydney where you can buy mods for the exterior of 306s? E.g. Lights etc

Advertisement
    '99 306 XSi Black Metallic

hi

i put blue light bolts in my 306 i got them at burwood in side the westfield on the 3 level i forgot wat the shops call it it does not give out a lot of light,but it looks mad in the dark
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

I know that place Motorequip or something is its name.

Maybe I should give some more info... what I'm really after is lexus lights etc... interested in prices. I'm not even sure if i'd get them cause pug lights are already mad. Nut it would be interesting to know.

we have the lexus tail lights in stock for them..
    as well as other stuff..
    i think we have them on our web site..
    <a href="http://www.autoparis.com.au" target="_blank">www.autoparis.com.au</a>
    regards paul.

Dr 306, IF, i repeat IF, thats what your really want then i suggest you either get a big budget together and order pug fit bits, or look at doing unique simple things.
    To me 306's are about neat but tuff lines. not huge wings or gantly chrome.
    Youl find that being unique and customising things for the pug from another car/s is a cheaper and more readily available option. but shop around and see what you can get.
    I like little things, a mate of mine is moulding-in some wicked new mirrors for me, they are from a R1 yamaha bike so cost next to nothing, fit well with the car and im making them sit really close to the body not to upset the lines.
    Also, a neat plate with a Pug or frenchi meaning? nothing too sily, ie SikPug.... something taste full, like OUI306, which is "yes 306".
    Posibly a light smoking of the rear lights. De-badging the whole car except for the Pug lion out front. Colour coding the whole body, but im sure your series 306 is done already.
    Perhaps a very neat set of wheels, nothing too bling or silly sized, 16's with a deep dish and wicked rubber?
    Its up to you though, just think about what you really want to do with the car, sometimes all you need is a good CD and a quiet sunday morning down the old pac...... cheers - chris

<small>[ 17 September 2003, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: CHRI'S16 ]</small>
    ... ptui!

Motoquipe in Burwood can really order anything you want from anywhere....
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

CHRI'S16:
    Dr 306, IF, i repeat IF, thats what your really want then i suggest you either get a big budget together and order pug fit bits, or look at doing unique simple things.
    To me 306's are about neat but tuff lines. not huge wings or gantly chrome.
    Youl find that being unique and customising things for the pug from another car/s is a cheaper and more readily available option. but shop around and see what you can get.
    I like little things, a mate of mine is moulding-in some wicked new mirrors for me, they are from a R1 yamaha bike so cost next to nothing, fit well with the car and im making them sit really close to the body not to upset the lines.
    Also, a neat plate with a Pug or frenchi meaning? nothing too sily, ie SikPug.... something taste full, like OUI306, which is "yes 306".
    Posibly a light smoking of the rear lights. De-badging the whole car except for the Pug lion out front. Colour coding the whole body, but im sure your series 306 is done already.
    Perhaps a very neat set of wheels, nothing too bling or silly sized, 16's with a deep dish and wicked rubber?
    Its up to you though, just think about what you really want to do with the car, sometimes all you need is a good CD and a quiet sunday morning down the old pac...... cheers - chris
    Very nicely put Chris.

Morning cruise, at your own pace down the Old Pac, mandatory stop at Mt White for that morning coffee, and all is well with the world. Just watch out for those crazy bikers wink
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

Chris and others,

I have put some thought into what I may do...

Firstly I don't want to do anything major. If it's possible i'd maybe change the mirrors to the M3 style. With the rear lights I like them, but at ecosse they had some mad smoked ones... With the wheels I would maybe do something like the audi A3 style and as for the system its a work in progress.

My other option is to leave it as the good car that it is and do nothing more than the system and hopefully in a few years have enough money to buy a really hot hatch and start with that. However it would be nice to be that little bit different.

Any tips for my system. At the moment I'm running a pioneer head deck x200watt with a sub line(no sub yet) and 4x6inches with tweeters rated at 220watt each. I'm thinking maybe a 4 channel amp for the speakers and a 2 channel for my future 12inch sub. If you have any advice on recommended amp power etc i'd be interested to hear it.

P.S. my cars a final phase 306 so everything is colour coded apart from the wimpy spoiler(piece of decorative plastic) on the back. I've thought of getting this sprayed.

<small>[ 18 September 2003, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Dr. 306 ]</small>

with regards to ICE it again depends on function vs cost vs quality and I expect to have Lincoln and Chris discussing the finer points of subwoofer design and the general poor quality of the stock audio acoustics in the 306.

As for me give me a Mp3 head unit either Pioneer DEH1550B or JVC KD-S895, and it would do me just fine, both for under $350. Slap on some splits in the doors and then take the Pug on the above mentioned Old Pac armed with one CD full of MP3's.
    *bliss of JJJ hottest 100 vol 1,2,3,4 on one CD*

The other mods you are contemplating sound really good, I love the shape of the 306 as is. But I appreciate the work others put into their cars to make them more individual.
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

Just to make things more complicated I'll tell you what I want to do under the bonnet.

I'm thinking of putting in a K&N air filter. Hopefully this will give me some more noise although I'm not expecting much performance wise. From there I might do an exhaus and from here I'm not sure where I'll go.... maybe nothing, maybe alot, but probably nothing.

Our 'Hero' on the cruise looked at my car and said I should put a turbo in there mmm..... not sure about this.

<small>[ 18 September 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Dr. 306 ]</small>

for the system

i`ve got pineer deck,pineer 6x9s,pineer6"spits,pineer tweers 3",pineer 12"sub head_ban

i have two amps on its just for the 6x9s thats 220 x 4 and the the other amp is running the sub,spits and tweers thats 450 x 4

only put one sub in the 306 as it get too loud,i put 99% of the stuff in my self as it work out to be cheap

aslo for the best prices on decks and subs go to sound master at hurstville they have subs in boxs for $200 and decks are very cheap
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Doc, here is my 2c on stereo bits, Lincon, Brad and perhaps Pug307(justin) will follow soon..

306's and pugs in general don't make very good music cars, they dont have the best interior materials nor build, or fit and finish. Go sit in a new 3series and youll really notice the diff.
    But here is my recomendation, look at how much you got to spend up front.
    Spend as much as you can afford on good headunit and stacker combo. If your pockets are deep the Eclipse or Nakamichi will rock on for many years, on the real world, ask for a unit that has 4volt pre-outs or more, and get something that fits in with the look of the car. You saw my Sony unit and how it sounded, well thats got excelent sound and 2 remotes, looks trick, fit very well in the 306;s and is about $500, alone, but sounds very good for the money.
    Id then upgrade the front speakers for neat 6.5inch splits, JBL sell very good units for about $280 and sound superb, for the money. If pockets are deep i like JLaudio or Focal.---MUST DO ONE THING!!! ask the installers to carefully sound deaden you doors, they are very tini at best!!!! id prefer to see you buy 6.5inch 2ways for $50, and spend $100 on sound dedaning. Remeber how reasonably well my stereo sounded, well that was FACTORY 2ways in the doors, with LOTS of sound dedaning!!!, and they are the only speakers in my car.
    AMP time, For your self id get a 4x25W rms amp, CrossFire sell good value units, or spend up on a Rockford or Soundstream. Then get a small sub 8" or 10" at most, in a removable enclosure or have a neat box made up for one side of the boot. Ask the installer if he can make the sub point at the back of the tail light, at a slight up angle. On the passenger side of the hatch(the other side has the jack). Two bolts he can use to hold it down are the ancorage points in the floor under the carpet and the rear seat bolts with some flat bar to support your box. This loads up the sound of the sub and makes it louder than it really is.
    Bridge two channels of the amp for the sub and use the other 2 to power the front splits. Top sound at a top price.__ insert your fav 80's rap cd and drive onnnn...... lol.
    Also invest in some foam tape for yor rear plate as it might rattle with the bass. good luck - chris

ps...remember the sound dedaning.... next.
    ... ptui!

Thanks for your advice Chris but you missed the part where i said I've already got the speaker and headdeck.... I just need an amp for this part of the system and a sub with an amp to run this.

Can you explain what sound deadening is?

<small>[ 18 September 2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Dr. 306 ]</small>

sorry i mist that,....
    Sound dedaning, is a term used to describe a process.
    Ill start from the basics, the biggest enemy of good, neat, powerfull sound is shakes and rattles. why? coz these shakes and ratles create little bits of sound and energy which ussually work against music/sound.
    Cars, spesh french cars, have poor acoustics, as after a litle while even the best cars develop a dash rattle or certain panels are not as stiff, therefore when you mount an energy source, such as a speaker, you turn that loose/old wabbly panel into a wobble board. Not good.
    Souns dedaning adds weight to these panels, such as the door innner metal skins, etc. this extra weight adds stability and enhances the sound a speaker can create by giving it a good solid base to work its musical magic of shifting air, and nothing more.
    Some cars have this from factory such as Lexus and BMW's.
    The down side is pugs have flimsy panels that move a bit too much, low levels of soundedaning and hece aren't the most ideal sound cars, unless you happen to like rattle and hum..... oh sad, sad.
    Hence why i stressed the sound dedaning idea. It makes cheap speakers sound good, and great speakers sound awesome.
    Sorry i mist that post, but as for sub and amp, Cross-Fire make awesome and great value amps and subs, very underated. cheers - chris
    ... ptui!

HAHAH how many people this year have asked about mods for a 306 (myself included). You are lucky dr 306 you have a xsi and not a xt!!

Body mods cost a arm and a leg, plus i'd reckon getting the stuff directly from the supplier in europe would be cheaper & more reliable.

If you owned a XT i'd say save up and buy a gti-6 like i am!! I suppose you do have a bit to work with engine wise.ICE from what i hear the 306 acoustics aren't the best, so an absolute kick ass system which would set you back a bit anyway isn't worth it, however im no expert on in car audio.

all the best

asanka cheers!

I don't want car audio that can win comps... !!

I just want a system that can go hard (whip my mates). But really what I want is something that produces a nice sound for me to listen to my music on while cruising around.

The acoustics of the car probably won't matter greatly for these purposes.

P.S I think what I want is something to wake up my street...... although I'm sure everybody would enjoy that.

<small>[ 19 September 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Dr. 306 ]</small>

errr. you don't run 6x9s with a sub, they both carry the same sound waves, which cancel each other out. You run midranges or 2-way midranges with a sub, not 6x9s. It should sound worse running those two in unison, unless you have taken up some frequencies trhough a crossover.

As per other threads, I recommend a decent amp and 6x9s in the 306. When you're cruising why would you want to hear anything other than the engine?
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

GTI124:
    errr. you don't run 6x9s with a sub, they both carry the same sound waves, which cancel each other out. You run midranges or 2-way midranges with a sub, not 6x9s. It should sound worse running those two in unison, unless you have taken up some frequencies trhough a crossover.

As per other threads, I recommend a decent amp and 6x9s in the 306. When you're cruising why would you want to hear anything other than the engine?
    I'd second that, i am the proud owner of Lincoln's ex-alpine 6X9" and i must say they do quite well, i really couldnt see the point in having a sub!

I'm only running 6inches not 6x9.

It depends on the style of cruising - rolling around is for music. Hard driving is for the engine noise.

<small>[ 19 September 2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Dr. 306 ]</small>

i`m running 6x9s and a 12" sub
    with the 6x9s i have on the amp they are just giveing out treble i took out the bass,and the sub i have on are diffenect amp whick is all bass and no treble, to me it sounds good but i`m also running 6"spits and tweers

maybe we can have a sound day where we all can hear each other systems and hear which is better to run
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

I think this thread needs a new name... it seems to have moved well away from its original topic...

sound quality is great, but hard, internal-squashing bass is better. do what i have done......nice head deck, prefferably mp3, something around $500, some good 5.25 or 6.5 in spilts in the doors $500, if need be, some speakers in the back for some rear fill - i have another set of 6.5 in splits, and then go all out and buy something like some 12 in kicker solo barics, great bag for your buck. then get urself a 4 channel amp for ur 2 sets of splits, and a class d monoblock amp for the 2 subs. buy the subs in a 2 ohm dual voice coil vers, and run them down to get peak power at 2 ohms for the both of them. i have an mtx 1501d, but you dont have to get something that expensive. with that setup in a pug, you will be pulling out about 145-150 dB and you will deffinately be the envy of your mates.......

my 2 cents

adam
    "Computer games dont affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

- Christian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

this is my system

Pioneer Headunit mp3
    Pioneer TV
    PS2
    Crossfire 6" P series splits ( off headunit)
    Crossfire tek 50.4 amp
    2 x Crossfire 12" P series subs
    Cadence 1 Farad Capicitor

you could probably do without the tv and the ps2. the capicitor and headunit have been my most recent additions to the stereo. I was running a Sony deck before, and i am now glad i have moved away form that and into the Pioneer with alot more features to finely tune the system. With the capicitor i have gained 1 extra volt and am producing a steady 13.8 volts now, which has made a good difference, and i think for the cost, a stiffening cap in my case was good BFYB.

The box and its buld quality is the saviour in my car. it is a sealed enclosure firing straight up into the boot/glass, it has been built specifically for my car's dynamics and optimises the maximum capiticty from what you would call a "weak powered system". Pulling 145db and winning numerious trophies, it has turned alot of heads and offers a good mix of SQ and Kidney shaking Bass.

I think Brad and Cal on the last QLD-Aussiefrogs cruise hopped in and had a listen.

Fellow Frogger!
    In my 205 I have a set 5.25" splits powered off the head deck (Pioneer)and 10" sub in a sealed enclosure running off a bridged 2 channel amp, no rear speakers, in a cabin as small as a 205 it really sounds excellent, i am planning an upgrade but money is a bit tight. i have apllied sound deading to the rear hatch area this made a huge difference as the panels stopped vibrating in time with the music.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

jfn306:
    i`m running 6x9s and a 12" sub
    with the 6x9s i have on the amp they are just giveing out treble i took out the bass,and the sub i have on are diffenect amp whick is all bass and no treble, to me it sounds good but i`m also running 6"spits and tweers

maybe we can have a sound day where we all can hear each other systems and hear which is better to run
    OK, good to hear that's what you've done. Are you running a vented 12"?

Yes, hearing each other's system is always fun, however, we all appear to have different preferences in what we want out of a sound system as well.

Asanka, glad you're enjoying the 6x9s...I know this would happen...I sold you that gear which I had been hoarding, just in case I bought something...and yep, I've bought the car that originally had that gear in it. D'oh!
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Thread Information