180 in the shop
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 180 in the shop

Default 180 in the shop

Heya,

Dropped off my 180 last nite to get some scratches taken out of her. The ones I got on delivery & an airbag fault looked at.

Advertisement

the sad part is... for the next 4 days, I have a 1.4 AUTO!!!!!!!

Driving around last nite, its actually not as bad as I imagined. Fine, everyone has you at the light, the car revs and the speedo doesn't move at all, no power options, seats don't hug ya, but for round town I reckon its pretty good.

Well it keeps you out of trouble anyway. Great over the bumps. Shame some of the power options aren't there. Like the 1 touch auto window thingy. No biggy but I wouldn't think some of those gadgets would cost Peugeot all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by element
    Well it keeps you out of trouble anyway. Great over the bumps. Shame some of the power options aren't there. Like the 1 touch auto window thingy. No biggy but I wouldn't think some of those gadgets would cost Peugeot all that much.
    Well you have to leave some of these gadgets exclusively to the GTi owners.

Seriously, the low end 206's are still quite nice, though I found the 1.4 Auto to be a bit of a slug. The 1.6 auto's go quite well. I still prefer the manual though. The seats are ok but they lack lateral support. I have a tendency to slide off them on the corners.

One thing I have noticed recently is that the latest 206 XT's have the gauges with the silver surrounds, just like the latest GTi's.

Troy.

Icon14

The latest XT also has ABS, Trip meter and the new steering wheel (The thicker one). My friend just bought one.

CODgamer.

Quote Originally Posted by codgamer
    The latest XT also has ABS, Trip meter and the new steering wheel (The thicker one). My friend just bought one.

CODgamer.
    And the steering wheel is leather bound as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jester_fu
    I keep trying to convince them that the RX8 is an ideal loan car... and the one on the showroom floor has my name written all over it.. but alas, they will not submit! As long as i don't get a bright orange mazda metro thing (again)... the world is all good.
    I wouldn't mind if my local dealer gave me 406 Coupe as a loaner during service, or a Citroen C5, or a GTi180.

Troy.

Thread Information