What Carbie Do I Have on My 504???
  • Register
  • Help

Default What Carbie Do I Have on My 504???

Hi all,

Been under the bonnet of my 1977 504 GL with the Haynes manual looking at my carbie from all perspectives and I cannot figure which one I have. Doesn't appear to look like any in the manual.

It has the oval shaped rubber top fitted neatly from the air cleaner so I presume it is standard .... but which one? The only markings I can find on it is a small wagon wheel type shape with spokes with "A-3" written above it.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

Sorry about such a silly question?

Regards

Peter J
    PJ

i think youd need to give us a lil more info... how about all of the markings, etc... i have 4 504 carbies, all stock, all different... 3 solex and one weber.

what exactly are you looking for that you need to know the type of carby? the manual should give u locations of teh idle/air mix screws, and this should point you in the right direction if you cant find it at first

-Janek

Thanks Janek,

I was locating the idle screw etc in an endeavour to help me identify the carbie ... but could not make a match ... sorry ii cannot find any other markings on it other than those given above.

I was just interested in exactly what carbie it was so I could perhaps seek views of the performance of the carbie and also for future reference if any work needed.

Peter J.
    PJ

will get back to you tomorrow, after i have a quick squiz on mine, and my manual... by the afternoon i'll get back to you... sounds like a solex carb to me...

Default What Carby

More than likely You have a solex 32 - 35 seia. There are quite a few variations to the air cleaner fittings. if it looks like two singles it is probably 32pciba and 32 s

The aircleaner can be cyclonic with a right angle rubber fitting on the carb. Or a large rubber donut that is clamped to the top of the oil bath. None of the manuals I have seen show the oil bath arrangement so it can be quite confusing.
    Al
    Last edited by AlsPug504; 20th July 2004 at 11:24 AM.

Thread Information