Getting my act together (504)
  • Register
  • Help

Default Getting my act together (504)

Hi all, as you know im new here. Ive got my little 504 and i really dont know where to start. The interior is in bits and peices, seats are bad, carpet is stuffed (and really smells) Dash is all cracked, and the streering wheel is somewhat melted. Door trims are rotten and actual plastic material on them is torn to peices, lock nobs dont really work, and the front doors wont open unless you press the top right hand corer in while pulling the handle out, also the door handles are a bit gammy on the front let and right sides. The carb has been put through an acid bath by some stupid mechanic, which has taken away all its natural protection, and the accelerator sticks shut. Other than that everything else is ok/ works, the aircon needs to be re gassed though. Im going to start work on her tommorow, check for rust and so forth. But what im asking is, does anyone have any good idea's to get the car lighter, or parts for the ones mentioned, or knows where to get parts, or knows substitues for parts. Any infomation would be greatly appreicated.

Cheers,
    James.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by James504
    Hi all, as you know im new here. Ive got my little 504 and i really dont know where to start. The interior is in bits and peices, seats are bad, carpet is stuffed (and really smells) Dash is all cracked, and the streering wheel is somewhat melted. Door trims are rotten and actual plastic material on them is torn to peices, lock nobs dont really work, and the front doors wont open unless you press the top right hand corer in while pulling the handle out, also the door handles are a bit gammy on the front let and right sides. The carb has been put through an acid bath by some stupid mechanic, which has taken away all its natural protection, and the accelerator sticks shut. Other than that everything else is ok/ works, the aircon needs to be re gassed though. Im going to start work on her tommorow, check for rust and so forth. But what im asking is, does anyone have any good idea's to get the car lighter, or parts for the ones mentioned, or knows where to get parts, or knows substitues for parts. Any infomation would be greatly appreicated.

Cheers,
    James.

Mate firstly have a look see around the forum with the search function.

I usually have success searching with the terms "504" and whatever the part i have a problem with is called.

For wreckers have a look here
    Peugeot Wreckers Phone Numbers

There is heaps of info re the 504 and most of the problems you describe.

Head over to http://www.504.org/technic_GB.htm and download the parts manual and the service manual parts that have been listed.

The accelerator sticking could be either the accelerator cable becomming frayed and catching inside the sheath. Mine was frayed recently and it gave me the same problem. I took it out cut off the offending strand (stop gap, cable really should have been replaced) and gave it some rubber grease, and no probs now.

Have fun with the pug

shobbz
    Last edited by Shobbz; 17th July 2004 at 11:33 PM.
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Thread Information