504 wagon getting better
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 504 wagon getting better

I have just finished putting the new rear engine mount in the 504 wagon. Wow what a difference a day makes, well it took a bit longer than a day but well worth the effort. There is one minor problem though, there is a plate bolted to the underside of the axle housing that the springs sit into and has little cast in lugs that accept the bolt to secure the bottom of the dxmper. the rear right hand lug is badly cracked it has a bodgie bolt fitted and looks like it might have copped a bit of a whacking at some time. What is the best way to rectify this prob could it be welded or might I be able to source a replacement part, if I could find a second hand bit it would be ideal I am going to keep this wagon for a while as it is a good solid rust free vehicle, needs a few more minor bits and pieces doing to it but this will happen over time. I will put a post on the spare parts section. regards cane toad

Advertisement

If you want to give me a call 46841260 or come for a drive up the hill, you can motivate me to remove the rear end on the diesasel if it fits,
    Phil

Fellow Frogger!

I've never managed to get a spring seat off a wagon axle without wrecking it, and that was with the axle out of the vehicle, the corrosion between the alloy and the studs makes it very difficult, perhaps I was unlucky and picked a vehicle that had seen a lot of salt water but I suspect they are all much the same. If it can't be repaired in situ it might be easier to change the complete axle tube

Fellow Frogger!

Really and here I was thinking it was just a matter of undoing 4 bolts I am glad you pointed this out to me I will make sure I have a good spare one to use before I start fiddling with old one. How about a good soaking with some sort of penetrating oil. regards, cane toad .

Thread Information