406 Coupe Engine change.....
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 406 Coupe Engine change.....

Hi,

I have a 1998 406 v6 3L and am looking to put a 2.1TD into it.... Im told this one fits...anybody have any experience with this....

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

The 2.2 HDI will fit in, That was a standard coupe production model & will be a much easier swop then trying to fit the 2.1 Turbo diesel in.

Unless you have a 406 2.1 Turbo diesel saloon that your swopping all the bits over from.

Tadpole

thanks for the reply...
    Im told the wiring would be a nightmare ...for the hdi to fit...

its a 1998 coupe .... so it would be a 2.1td .... 1998 I suppose.. dont know much about it but intend to find out !

Fellow Frogger!

Hi

If you can get your hands on a whole 406 2.1 Turbo diesel saloon car to get the bits off, It would help you a lot.

The 2.2 HDI would be a nightmare to fit, But then again it was a standard 406 coupe production model & someone somewhere must have stuffed one, so getting hold of one & swopping everything over is again possible.

Tadpole

thanks....
    somebody said the heater wiring is a ****er!..excuse my language.....

its impossible to get any info....

Fellow Frogger!

Why not try going down your local Peugeot dealer ship, Go in the parts dept & ask if you can have a look at there technical manuals.

If you have a chat to them & tell them your plans, They might produce the photocopys you need.

It worked for me, One day I will get round to fitting those rain activated automatic wipers to my 405, lol

Tadpole

oh man... Im in Ireland.... If I walked in and said that ... theyd do some laughing!!.... guess there not as friendly as over here.... maybe one of them will be reading this ... and help me...but I ****ing doubt it!!
    will give it a go tomorrow..!!....
    I would love to put a HDI in.... cause Im looking for efficiency....my mileage has just trebled and the 3litre is just eating petrol in the city...... The engine is perfect...but its either that or change the car and I like this one too much...!!..sad!

Fellow Frogger!

The 2.1 Turbo diesel will be a lot easier to swop over, The HDIs also had the Mutiplex wiring system fitted & unless you have a whole car in front of you to take all the bits off you are gonna struggle!

Have a look for a HDI coupe thats been stuffed, or get hold of a 2.1TD saloon thats been stuffed & see where you go from there.

Thread Information