306 car mats
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 306 car mats

Default 306 car mats

Does anyone know where I can get car mats for the 306? I called the dealership here and Spare Parts told me that because the car is out of production, they don't make the mats anymore. Right, I thought that was the whole point of spare parts....

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get some 306 car mats. I've got some kmart jobbies in at the moment and they're driving me nuts as they move all over the place and don't fit really well.

Advertisement
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

That seems strange that you can't get them as a spare part anymore. Can't get a headlight assembly either then? Submit an insurance claim for them and see what happens.

Tadpole

Default Peugeot Mats

Hi,

I picked up a set of official Pug 306 Mats two weeks ago from the dealer in Launceston, Tas. They were $117 dollars. I rang a few places on the mainland and they had them for around $100.

They fit really well and don't slide around like the cheap generics the car came with.

Well worth it.

David

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

I would keep hunting around. The genuine 306 mats are sweet as and look mint.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Lincoln, it did sound strange. I swear the spare parts guy at the only dealership here always feeds me a line (first one was about not being to give me the part # for the brake pads).

Quote Originally Posted by tassie.dave
    Hi,

I picked up a set of official Pug 306 Mats two weeks ago from the dealer in Launceston, Tas. They were $117 dollars. I rang a few places on the mainland and they had them for around $100.

They fit really well and don't slide around like the cheap generics the car came with.

Well worth it.

David
    Dave, thanks for that, I'll ring up one of the interstate dealers. One of the UK websites had a picture of one and it had those locking pins that stop the mat from moving. Do you know anything about that?

cheers,
    Jude

- 306 gti6

Tadpole

Re: locking pins

Yeah, the mats I got came with spiked locking "buttons" that attach to your original carpet and locking plates that attach through the mat to the button. They are simple to install and hold the mat on the drivers side really well.

Mine are dark grey with a little lion on the drivers side one.

Classy

Dave
    Last edited by tassie.dave; 12th July 2004 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tassie.dave
    Re: locking pins

Yeah, the mats I got came with spiked locking "buttons" that attach to your original carpet and locking plates that attach through the mat to the button. They are simple to install and hold the mat on the drivers side really well.

Mine are dark grey with a little lion on the drivers side one.

Classy

Dave
    Excellent! Thanks heaps for that, I'll try the interstate dealers tomorrow.

- 306 gti6

Mats are all sorted, thanks heaps guys.

I ended up calling City peugeot in Melbourne. The spare parts guy there was very helpful. He checked the computer and found that Peugeot aust. in Sydney had heaps of mats in stock, and he gave me the parts number so I could give that to my local dealer and get them to order it in.

I have plenty of good things to say about my local dealer here, but their spare parts dept. needs to get their act together. At least the girl working there today was a lot more helpful.

Mats were $105 for a set of front and back.

- 306 gti6

Fellow Frogger!

Jude could you PM the parts number to me, they are just grey with the Pug lion right! I have cheap rubber mats in my car at the moment and they are starting to give me the heebee-jeebees!!
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by pugsy
    Jude could you PM the parts number to me, they are just grey with the Pug lion right! I have cheap rubber mats in my car at the moment and they are starting to give me the heebee-jeebees!!
    I'll post it here in case anyone else is interested. Note that it's the 306 mats though (not sure if there is a 306 motiff on there) and you'll have to check there won't be any issues fitting it into the 205 footwell.

The part no. is 9664FQ

- 306 gti6

rek

Couldn't you just cut some holes in the generic mats for the locking pins to fit into?
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

Quote Originally Posted by rek
    Couldn't you just cut some holes in the generic mats for the locking pins to fit into?
    I don't have any of those locking pins in the first place. Does your '6 have the pins already there? Yours is a '99 model right.

- 306 gti6

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

velcro

what more can i say

cheap and works a treat
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    I'll post it here in case anyone else is interested. Note that it's the 306 mats though (not sure if there is a 306 motiff on there) and you'll have to check there won't be any issues fitting it into the 205 footwell.

The part no. is 9664FQ

Thanks! I rang Taylors and they said that the mats do have '306' embroided on them.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Ants

i rang a few places and couldnt find them, so i just got someone to make me some custom mats with peugeot like embroidered (spelling!!) on them....they are awsome and the carpet fabric is really soft

even got the boot carpeted as well...hehe....minimalise my sub sliding around

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    velcro

what more can i say

cheap and works a treat
    Sean, thanks for the CDs, just arrived today. It's excellent!

I actually have some cheapie mats and had velcroed them down; been like that for about 7 months. The mats were crap though (20 buck kmart jobbies) and the velcro initially held things in place ok, but after removing and putting them on (which is a hassle) for every time I vacuum my car once a week, the velcro didn't hold it in place as well and they started moving around. Last week one side of the bloody mat had lifted and caught on the accelerator with the rest of it just under the brake. I didn't notice until I went to brake and the accelerator depressed the same time, so I thought stuff that just a bit too dangerous. If I get some heavy good quality mats, they probably won't move around but the factory ones should fit perfectly and look the part for probably not a whole lot more than other good quality mats anyway.

Ants, custom embroidery!? Wow, was that expensive?

- 306 gti6

Hi guys.

Peugeot still supply mats for the 306

Plenty in stock at Peugeot

Part no.#9664FQ
    $88.40 + GST

These are the mottle grey needle pile mats,which do have the Lion logo embroided on them and come with lock-downs.
    They have these in stock at Alec Mildrens in Artarmon - these parts guys are always helpful.

GTI145
    '89 405 MI16
    '00 206 GTI
    '04 206 GTI 180

Quote Originally Posted by GTI145
    Hi guys.

Peugeot still supply mats for the 306

Plenty in stock at Peugeot

Part no.#9664FQ
    $88.40 + GST

These are the mottle grey needle pile mats,which do have the Lion logo embroided on them and come with lock-downs.
    They have these in stock at Alec Mildrens in Artarmon - these parts guys are always helpful.

GTI145
    Has Lincoln added a turbo to his Focus??

That price is a few bucks cheaper than the $105 GST inclusive price I've been quoted.

On another note, I had a puncture today (screw lodged in between the tread blocks) on the fm901's I bought 6 months ago from Beaurepaires, Pultney st, Adelaide. I took it in there even without my receipt and fixed it immediately at no cost. Nice to not get the run around for once.

- 306 gti6

No turbo for me

Ants

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    Ants, custom embroidery!? Wow, was that expensive?
    i have no idea how much it cost, cos my dad organised the whole thing for me. but i do remember him saying that it was pretty expensive to get done.

if you wanna stop the mats from slipping just use a bit of velcro....should do the trick and is easily removed.

Quote Originally Posted by evolvetoGTi6
    if you wanna stop the mats from slipping just use a bit of velcro....should do the trick and is easily removed.
    Please see Post # 16.

- 306 gti6

Thread Information