307 problems
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 307 problems

Default 307 problems

hi all

my cousin she has a 307 and has been have alot of problem with her 307 its a 2003

Advertisement

1, you put it in reserve and sometimes it goes forward(ive see it)
    2, she been thought 3 indicators. with in 8months
    3, she got it service on fridayand went she start to drive it the car was loseing power so she took it back and toll the people they say it was the breaks,they sad they fix it so she took it and she was half way home the car lost all of it power and stop she had to get tow back to the service people they say they have a look at it on monday,
    now she is look at selling it because of they on going promblems,has anyone else had problems like this.
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Tadpole

Have had the indicator issues (now on to my 3rd one...)

Never had any kind of mechanical problem though, or electrical (apart from com2000). Your cousin's problems sound unusual - no mention of (1) in 307 mailing list in the 18 months I've been in there... complaints of (3) pop up sporadically in the 307 list and gets blamed on everything from bad fuel to engine mgmt software to cat problems.

cheers
    MC
    307 XS auto

Quote Originally Posted by jfn180
    3, she got it service on fridayand went she start to drive it the car was loseing power so she took it back and toll the people they say it was the breaks,they sad they fix it so she took it and she was half way home the car lost all of it power and stop she had to get tow back to the service people they say they have a look at it on monday...
    The indicator stalk is a very well known problem (COM2000 anyone?).

As for the rest, it sounds like it may actually be the auto transmission software? I think this can cause these sorts of problems. Pug307 may be the authority on this

BTW, I hope she got Peugeot Assist to tow it back (or failing that the dealer paid for the towing).
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Yep I've had one COM2000 replaced, the new one has been fine. With the number of faulty ones reported, you'd think it would have been a recall job!

Never had the other problems, but I have a manual 307 XSE - and I assume the problem is in an auto?

Cheers
    Last edited by Dodgy Tone; 12th July 2004 at 06:39 PM. Reason: typo

Sounds like your cousin has been supermuxed

1, you put it in reserve and sometimes it goes forward(ive see it)
    Ooh, this isn't a good one. I would get the dealer to check the transmission switch and probably do a reflash of the software. Whilst I haven't heard of this problem before, I do know of a few people that have replaced their transmission switches (could be a problem within the actual switch).

2, she been thought 3 indicators. with in 8months
    Ahh, that's not uncommon. Not as common as it used to be, but it seems Peugeot hasn't really reengineered the stalk, it's changed suppliers (as the old one went bust).

3, she got it service on fridayand went she start to drive it the car was loseing power so she took it back and toll the people they say it was the breaks,they sad they fix it so she took it and she was half way home the car lost all of it power and stop she had to get tow back to the service people they say they have a look at it on monday,
    now she is look at selling it because of they on going promblems,has anyone else had problems like this.
    This is a very strange one - the car is losing power and it's something to do with the brakes?

Sounds like a pretty bad example I think Peugeot should outsource all its electronics, sometimes you wonder whether you could trust Microsoft more than Peugeot!!!

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

well the car is still at the service place on word on it yet ,the people that service it pay for the towing

i will be speaking to my cuz in the next few days i let you all know
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

I saw my cousin today the 307 is all good the problem was with the breaks they fix everything else so she will not be selling it now thanks to me
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Thread Information