• Register
  • Help
Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567

mad bitch fight between macq VS jesterfu

Advertisement

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    mad bitch fight between macq VS jesterfu
    This is about the 3rd or 4th thread that is 1-2 YO that you've dug up Asanka ... watzuuuuup ??

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    This is about the 3rd or 4th thread that is 1-2 YO that you've dug up Asanka ... watzuuuuup ??

- xTc -
    entertaining reading, theres some good stuff to read on af ,

Default why do u have a pic of vicky

Just curious as shes a good mate of mie and will show her 2 moz

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    Yes, a good way to bait a lot of us here

I'd say the 6 has a lower centre of gravity and a wider track, to answer that question first.

I'm yet to drive a 180, but have been a passenger in one. My thoughts are that the 6 would be quicker around the track, mainly because the 180 is pulling around those awfully heavy and unnecessary 17 inch rims. I'm of the strong opinion that 16s are the most you'd want to run on a car of that size. It's one of the biggest downsides for me with the 180. The 6 also doesn't have traction control, whilst we've heard the traction control on the 180 only partially turns itself off. This would hamper track performance... regardless of performance simply running 17" Pirelli P7000s would hamper my performance! >$400 a tyre would slow me down a bit!

I'm pretty certain the 180 is quicker in 0-100 times, but I doubt there is much in it. That is, different drivers would get different results. The weight of the 17s would hamper launches (it does on my ST), I would think the 306 would launch better initally. I believe both cars are around the same weight.

The 1st gear in the 180 is long, by all reports, and fairly short in the 6. My recollection of the 6 is that you can get 100kph in 2nd gear, right near redline. From the sound of the long 1st gear in the 180 you'd have a couple grand left at 100kph in the 180? I'm sure a 180 driver can confirm. This may hamper it's 0-100 time. As Quinten said anyway, these cars are not made for 0-100 runs anyway.

One is a legend, the other... I'm yet to hear any such praises.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonAussieGTi
    Just curious as shes a good mate of mie and will show her 2 moz
    Wow. I don't even know what a moz is, and she gets to see 2 of them!
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger!

this reminds me of Ali G

B82rez = batteries, therefore

2 moz = tomorrow

'04 Citroen Xsara VTS

Mallala - 1:29.96

[QUOTE=U Turn] even if the '6 has one more gear to play with.

I thought the '6 used to brake really well, but I reckon the '180 stops quicker still. It really pulls up hard with only a little squirming under brakes.

I was happy with my 6's braking until I drove a Merc 230slk compressor.
    Went fine, couldn;t corner but stoped on a 20 cent piece. Incredabla

I've owned both a gti6 (3yrs) and driven a 180 for the last year. I really like both. Essentially they are different, the ride in the gti6 is far superior due to the smaller rims and they probably could have used 16,s on the 180 but I'm ok with this aspect of it, less tyre sidewall movement in the 180 makes it stable and sharp. I keep the tyre pressures down to 35/30 front/rear which helps with ride and makes the rear a little "looser" in corners which seems to help with throttle adjustability mid corner. On the subject, the gti6 was nicely throttle adjustable a result of the passive rear steer but it could feel nervous and sap some confidence, this aspect was noted in some UK reviews at the time. It was an" easy car to spin " said EVO, but I liked this aspect as you could use steering and throttle to negotiate corners. My 180 now feels good in this aspect but I,ve tried a few combinations of wheel alignment and tyre pressures to get it how I like. My alignment is dead true and pressures as above. If you like more tail stability 35 all round is good. Now some of the spec's quoted earlier were a bit off IMO. From the many reviews I've read over the last 6 years and my personal experience the 180 is quicker in a straight line and on the track. For starters the 180 has a power/weight ratio 1.4kgs/kw better in a fairly similar part of the rev range. The 180 has a better torque to weight ratio .8 kgs/nm. IMO the gti6 still needs some serious revs to get moving it also has a high 1st gear similar to the 180, both do around 66kmh in 1st, both get to 100 in 2nd. The 180 has more grip, higher performance rubber, bigger footprint and a stiffer chassis with less body roll & nervousness(not that the 6 rolls much either though). All of these factors IMO contribute to the undeniable mathematical equation of the 180 being quicker in all aspects. None of the UK mags that criticised the 180 said did it was slow or lacked grip, just not involving enough in their opinion. Not these ones though

www.carkeys.co.uk/launches/peugeot/829.asp

http://www.driving.timesonline.co.uk...,12529,00.html see Jeremy Clarksons 180 review in a-z of reviews under 206 gti

Another error in an earlier post was about the esp on the 180, you can turn it off completely in this mode it is totally off at all speeds. How do I know this? Because on my favourite vacant car park ie skid pan in the wet, I've tested it, when its off you can completely loose it in an oversteer slide. Someone was quoting the gti6 as doing 7.2 0-100 the other day which is absolute rubbish the best I saw in Aus was 7.9 in fast fours, most were 8.3 which is pretty right IMO. The 180 does around mid 7s safely IMO this is consistent with most Aus reviews. 0-400 180 does mid 15s, gti6 mid 16s from most reviews. These are what I consider the averages and what I feel from my experience in both cars to be correct. I think thats covered everything. I don't have a preference, the gti6 was my first driver's car in 99 and I adored it, great fun, it's ride/handling compliance was amazing. I enjoy the 180 just as much and have driven both back to back they are just different. When the gti6 was in its prime(98/99 ish) the competition was not as tough in the hot hatchery as now. But even in todays market the 180's chassis balance, features, steering and looks are my favourite even after several long test drives in both clio's (182 sport and cup), just to be sure! The features per dollar are amazing now compared with just six years ago.
    Last edited by ajgti180; 11th June 2005 at 09:21 PM.

my gti6 makes more power than a 180 (on the dyno)

but when i drove the gti 180 it felt faster in a straight line
    but i still couldnt bring myself to let the 6 go.
    then i bought another one.

in the dreamworld i would have my old 205gti both gti6's and a 180 in the driveway

also 405 and 205 t16's

Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567

Thread Information