306 Power Window Problem
  • Register
  • Help

Default 306 Power Window Problem

I returned a video to Blockbuster tonight. Lept back in the car, pushed the down button on the power windows, heard a pop then something rattling down the inside of the door. The window then got stuck. I have pulled apart the door and have found the culprit (see attachment).

Basically the bracket that holds the window to the power window rail has broken. The bit that slides into the hole in the base of the window has snapped off!

I have a really bad feeling that this is going to cost me a lot of money to fix. Looks like a really bad design to me. Any idea how much pain and money this is going to cost me? Are these brackets repairable/replacable or do you have to replace the whole drive motor assembly? From what I can gather from another thread I am looking at $350.00 just for the motor and rail assembly unit.

Apologies for the quality of the snaps. It is very dark and I couldn't get the camera to focus properly.

Advertisement

Picture 1 is a the back of the bracket (it is green). Picture 2 is the front of the bracket minus the bit that has snaped off. Picture 3 is the bit that has snapped off. There is obviously a circlip or snap ring that locks on to the broken lug that keeps the window from falling off. I haven't managed to find that bit yet.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Good place to get parts in Brisbane and or repairs would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 306 Power Window Problem-bracket1.jpg   306 Power Window Problem-bracket2.jpg   306 Power Window Problem-bracket3.jpg  
    Toast, the best thing since sliced bread!

Fellow Frogger!

Im pretty sure you can buy those clips from peugeot if thats fails why not try a bit off super glue.

Cheers

Thanks mate. I read on the UK forum that glue is not good enough. I just rang Peugeot for a replacement window regulator (the bracket cannot be supplied seperately) and they want $537!!!!

Fortunately I gave Euroserve a call in Newstead and they can supply a reconditioned one for $210 and give me a credit for the existing unit of an amount to be negotiated. They know a bloke who is reconditioning broken ones using replacement parts that he is getting made in Taiwan. Apparently he is making a living from doing this! Given the design I am not at all surprised. I am going to get them to fit it as I cant be arsed to do it myself!

Fellow Frogger!

Good to hear keep it posted as to how much it cost you, cus i think mine is goin again.

Right. Brief update. I have had the work done with Euroserve. They have done a fine job and have replaced the unit with a reconditioned one. Total cost was $293.40. $210 for the regulator, $13.40 for some electrical connectors and $70.00 for labour (1 hour). Compared to what the dealer wanted just for the OEM part it is quite a lot cheaper. Note that I stripped the door down myself to get the labour cost down.

Details for Euroserve are as follows.

Euroserve
    36 Ross Street
    Newstead
    Brisbane
    Phone: 07 3852 1399
    Fax: 07 3852 1249
    email: [email protected]

I am going to get the gearbox and engine oil changed with them in a couple of weeks. They use Mobil 1 and I will change to Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil for both the gearbox and the engine. Different grades of course! Will let you know how it goes.

Thread Information