• Register
  • Help
    XTC

Default 307 Owners Fight Back

www.no-307.i8.com

Well one is trying ...

Advertisement

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Love the spyware and pop ups attached to the link; my zappers almost melted the monitor.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Love the spyware and pop ups attached to the link; my zappers almost melted the monitor. Alan S
    Sorry ... maybe it's Peugeot trying to find out who is reading this ... "Trust No One".

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

307,,, I am only new to the pug but i thought the 307 was supposed to be a step up from the 206,,,,not a step down with the problems listed?????

Why does that not surprise me...

I've spotted two 307's on the side of the road with the hood up in the last few weeks & have seen alot of them for sale.

P.O.S.
    Last edited by Jason20; 8th July 2004 at 10:28 PM.

1000+ Posts

I only have a few things to say relating to this particular 307's problems, and to the owner's website and/or graphic design.

According to Peugeot, the car isn't in warranty - full stop - repairs are his responsibility. He bought the car second hand, and this is one of the pitfalls of buying a second hand car.

If he wants his claims to be taken seriously, he needs to write precise, detailed letters. He needs things to be neatly laid out. He needs to use sentences, punctuation and paragraphs in his letters, and he needs to edit out some of the gobble-de-gook and make sure he spells simple words like "brakes" correctly (he spelt it breaks). He needs to choose a method of communication (either letters or emails) and stick to it. He needs to give Peugeot some slack - if you write a letter of demand, provide at least 7 days, if not 14 days for the company to provide a response as the poor letter opener needs some time to investigate the problem before being able to write a reply. Placing such short (2 day) demands on a company isn't going to get him anywhere. Lastly, his website needs some consistency: fonts, colours and text size are all over the place.

Whilst the car may have some problems, I don't think an all out campaign like this is going to help - Peugeot will just close their eyes and ignore him. If the car's outside its warranty period, and Peugeot have no legal requirements to honour his demands he doesn't have too much to stand on. Hiding behind a psuedo-identity on the web also makes the whole story seem a little like he has something to hide.

I guess I've said this because I know several 307 owners who've had pretty much trouble free motoring for most of the car's lives.

Derek

Fellow Frogger!

That 307 should still be under Peugeot U.Ks 3 year warranty untill December 2004, It doesnt matter how many owners the car has had, the warranty still counts.
    Unless the car has missed a service or has been serviced by a garage who ISNT a Peugeot dealer / agent, Either one of those & kiss your warranty goodbye forever!

I think this person is not telling the whole truth of this tale.

...well, at least his windscreen isnt leaking.......
    This is whats great about a disgruntled aussie......would have simply put a match to it and gotten a replacement car.....blackmail is an interesting tactic/aproach....

dino

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by LeePower
    That 307 should still be under Peugeot U.Ks 3 year warranty untill December 2004, It doesnt matter how many owners the car has had, the warranty still counts. Unless the car has missed a service or has been serviced by a garage who ISNT a Peugeot dealer / agent, Either one of those & kiss your warranty goodbye forever! I think this person is not telling the whole truth of this tale.
    I find it interesting that Peugeot say they can't tell him anything about the car cause he's the second owner ... assuming it was serviced by them that's utter Bollocks .. they can tell him everything, it's on a central computer, several people have had to fight for this information before !

He's probably telling the basic truth, but some minor detail has been left out, not to mention his WAY of telling it isn't really that elegant ... but maybe that's as good as his written communication gets, can't go condeming the man for that, any monkey can do a website.

Don't know if anyone else ever saw the original [email protected]#$ Ron Pedder Website ... that was funny - the toned down site is here http://www.ripoffmerchant.net/ now THIS is libel .. or maybe not .. it's been discussed anyway http://www.law.bond.edu.au/laws421/0...m04Flaming.htm just remember it's better at Pedders ....

As for libel ... well the best form of defence against that is the truth ... the statements may hurt Peugeots reputation, but if it was true there is little they can do about it.

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Fellow Frogger!

When I purchased a used Peugeot a few years ago, I walked into my local dealer / agent & asked them for a service history print out, a couple of minutes later I had all the cars previous service history, warranty jobs & recalls done at a Peugeot garage in my hand.

Peugeot U.K. should do this for any owner that asks them, Its all kept on the central computer & as long as you produce proof that you own the car in question, they are more then happy to help.

Thread Information