MP3 Cd Stacker for 206 GTi
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    40

    Default MP3 Cd Stacker for 206 GTi

    Hey all, i was wondering if any of you could recommend me an Mp3 CD stacker i could easily install into my 2002 206 GTi. I still have the stock headunit, as i cant be bothered to by a new stalk etc, and the existing speakers are fine for me.

    Advertisement


    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Tadpole david206180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    someplace called home
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kangfu
    Hey all, i was wondering if any of you could recommend me an Mp3 CD stacker i could easily install into my 2002 206 GTi. I still have the stock headunit, as i cant be bothered to by a new stalk etc, and the existing speakers are fine for me.

    Thanks for your help.
    I hope this helps but i will be installing this unit to my 180 later this year, bringing one in from singapore whilst there..
    http://www.blaupunkt.com.au/7607700025_main.asp

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts cruiserman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Hitachi (aka IBM) has a nice 4gb microdrive available as well as the 2.2gb that have been around for ages. I use an Mstation in the Cruiser which has a 40gb hdd in it. Works a treat.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

    '82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

    '77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

    '76 CX Super

    '05 WL Statesman

    '92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Going by whats on 206gti.net, doesnt the 2002 206 GTi come with the Eurovox? Or was it the Blaupunkt? How can i tell which one i have/where do i get that Blaupunkt Mp3 unit/how much is it?

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kangfu
    Going by whats on 206gti.net, doesnt the 2002 206 GTi come with the Eurovox? Or was it the Blaupunkt? How can i tell which one i have/where do i get that Blaupunkt Mp3 unit/how much is it?
    I thought it was a clarion.. . Im not 100% though!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  6. #6
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    I thought it was a clarion.. . Im not 100% though!
    My MY02 is Clarion/VDO .. all full mux ones are ... (some 1/2 mux are not).

    - XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Hey again guys, just wondering if anybody can help me with identifying which headunit i have?

    I want to buy a stacker and i found this Blaupunkt one:
    http://www.doranproaudio.com.au/prod...asp?prodID=380
    for sale online and i want to snap it up if its compatible with my headunit.

    Stacker
    - 10 Disc CD-Changer for Car Radios with 36-pin ISO Connection Box
    - 1 Bit Delta Sigma DAC
    - Frequency Response 5-20,000 Hz +/- 1dB
    - Typical Channel Separation 85 dB/1 kHz
    - Typical Distortion Factor of 0.005%
    - S/N 100 dB
    - Output Voltage 2 Volts -2 dB
    - Dimentions (W x H x D) 245 x 85 x 176 mm (9 5/8 x 3 3/8 x 6 7/8")

    Thanks!
    Last edited by kangfu; 15th July 2004 at 10:28 PM.

  8. #8
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kangfu
    Hey again guys, just wondering if anybody can help me with identifying which headunit i have?
    Only way to be sure .. remove it .. it's very simple .. see

    http://www.206gti.net/phone-console/

    - XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Was hoping there would be an easier way but i guess ill do the aforementioned.

    Thanks

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! Dr Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    I thought it was a clarion.. . Im not 100% though!
    Mine has a Clarion unit in it. I'd be interested to see if anyone manages this successfully! I'd love to get a stacker with hours and hours of mp3 music into my car! Ideal for road trips I'd say...

    I'm considering calling Clarion (if I can find a number for them) to see if they have any product recommendations.

    Either way if anyone finds out for sure I'm sure we'd all like to know!

    Nick

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    424

    Default

    you have a mux 180 (only type) dont you nick?

    i was looking at just replacing the headunit and forfitting the centre console display, I believe this will only be the stereo funcations anyway? and replacing the stalk with an after market one.

    Its all a little bit of a mystery that im suprised hasnt been resolved yet with the mux setups.

    xtc206, all mux 206's (180 or 138) are clarion? And if so are they all RD3?

  12. #12
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    xtc206, all mux 206's (180 or 138) are clarion? And if so are they all RD3?
    AFAIK .. havn't found one that isn't (except a couple of semi-mux 2001 GTi's with Blaupunkt units).

    - XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger! Dr Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    you have a mux 180 (only type) dont you nick?

    i was looking at just replacing the headunit and forfitting the centre console display, I believe this will only be the stereo funcations anyway? and replacing the stalk with an after market one.

    Its all a little bit of a mystery that im suprised hasnt been resolved yet with the mux setups.

    xtc206, all mux 206's (180 or 138) are clarion? And if so are they all RD3?
    I assume so. It's a 180 made in March '04

    I might need to brush up on the lingo...

    Nick

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •