why!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: why!

Icon4 why!

why is it so!as far as i know an mi-16 car has gone down in price over the last 3yrs since i have bough my 205gti.yet the price of an engine has gone up!what are people really thinking!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mi205
    why is it so!as far as i know an mi-16 car has gone down in price over the last 3yrs since i have bough my 205gti.yet the price of an engine has gone up!what are people really thinking!

How come there's a complete 90K Km engine/gearbox/harness/ecu in the for sale section for $2K?

I obviously didn't get out of bed early enough that day (or went to bed too early)!
    Last edited by PeterT; 7th July 2004 at 06:08 PM.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

why do people think its nescesary to destroy MI16's for there engine, gearbox and ecu when there are so many other cars that also have this engine to put in 205's . i personaly would like to drive an MI16, find a bx 16v that IMO is ugly as sin to wreack. 405 MI16's are going to end up as rare as 604's and i would hate to think about whats going to happen to GTI6's( most noteably there gearbox) and GTI180's(for there engine) when they become cost afordable to destroy
    Last edited by orestes; 7th July 2004 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    why do people think its nescesary to destroy MI16's for there engine, gearbox and ecu when there are so many other cars that also have this engine to put in 205's . i personaly would like to drive an MI16, find a bx 16v that IMO is ugly as sin to wreack. 405 MI16's are going to end up as rare as 604's and i would hate to think about whats going to happen to GTI6's( most noteably there gearbox) and GTI180's(for there engine) when they become cost afordable to destroy
    If it's written off there's not much you can do about it.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    If it's written off there's not much you can do about it.
    yes if its writen off then its fine, but MI16's are comeing to the price where people are pulling fixable MI16's off the road and gutting them for there engine. even i would use the engine out of a 405 MI16 if it was writen off, and wanted to do a 16v conversion as would i try a 6 speed conversion at one stage or another if a GTI6 was writen off. but what gets to me is people who pull cars off the road that are fixable and use them as parts

find a bx 16v that IMO is ugly as sin to wreack. 405 MI16's are going to end up as rare as 604's
    Watch what you say about our bx's buddy
    Personally i think you should keep it in the family and not wreck the Bx 16Valves as they are probably rarer. I would love to own a nice 16 Valve too one day. Although i dont mind if the engine is gone, as i could always put an XU10J4RS or a EW10J4S in.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Watch what you say about our bx's buddy
    Personally i think you should keep it in the family and not wreck the Bx 16Valves as they are probably rarer. I would love to own a nice 16 Valve too one day. Although i dont mind if the engine is gone, as i could always put an XU10J4RS or a EW10J4S in.

Dave
    sorry if i offended you dave but this is a hot topic with a lot of people. i probably shouldn't have jumped on the first thing that came into my head, which was the bx 16v. i personally don't find the bx 16v good to look at, and that is my personal opinion. but either way once i think about it it is a huge shame to wreack either of these cars for there engine, if they are fixable and its not something i could bring myself to do, i want these cars around in 10 or 20 years rather then seeing them dissapear off our roads. same goes for GTI6's and GTI180's if they ever become as cost efective to some peope to wreack as they are, when they could be fixed
    Last edited by orestes; 7th July 2004 at 06:43 PM.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

why do people think its nescesary to destroy MI16's for there engine, gearbox and ecu. 405 MI16's are going to end up as rare as 604's and i would hate to think about whats going to happen to GTI6's( most noteably there gearbox)

damn

anyone whould have thought i wrote that

check out this post i prepared earlier

504 projet hmm.. maybe

should i go for plagiarism ????
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

as a mater of fact, and seeing as everyone has seen fit to have a go at me i will say a few things.

1. i couldn't care less if there wasn't another 604 on the streets, as i stated in my last post about a car i could have taken off the strets for its engine, i was trying not to offend anyone in this forum by posting about 604's as i know this is a proverbial hot potato, but seeing as you want to have something to say about me i will state my real opinion on the subject

2. as for 405 MI16's i have never exactly has the money, to own one being only 20 and not haveing the worldds greatest job. but if i can ever get the money to own one i would really like to, but at this rate there is just going to be a whole bunch of 205 MI16's, just like theres a whole bunch of silvias and skylines with high powerd sr20's, rb25 and 6's.

3. a GTI6 is an awsome car and i have read of, a few of these already going to the scrap heap for the gearbox

4. i wrote what i wrote in this thread myself think what you want of what i am saying but these are my own words

5. if you guys want to be royal heads to me about everything i post from now on then i might as well go somewhere else

thankyou for another acusation that i can prove is a complete load of crap, if you think that i intentionally copied what you said then i'm sorry but i didn't, and if you want to beleive that why don't you just ban me now
    Last edited by orestes; 7th July 2004 at 07:21 PM.

Hey mate, i think pugrambo was actually paying you a complement for having the same views as him, i'm sure he meant no disrespect. Now fellas, lets all put our time into making our cars nice and shiny for the weekend rather than having an all out war

Dave

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

mate i think you better sit back and count to 10

i wasn't having a go

all i stated was that it was as good as what i wrote in another thread and it is good to finally see someone else has the same views that i have regarding cars that are falling off the road that don't need to to power something else

but in that last post you have used anger and changed your tune again

no we have that settled lets get back to what we were up to

Dave i didn't polish the car today i just fixed the heater tap out for the one that was cracked in the car so all is ok again so the water powered 604 will motor on down to syderny and back
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

hehehe this forum is soooo entertaining sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo

i wasn't having a go

all i stated was that it was as good as what i wrote in another thread and it is good to finally see someone else has the same views that i have regarding cars that are falling off the road that don't need to to power something else

Dave i didn't polish the car today i just fixed the heater tap out for the one that was cracked in the car so all is ok again so the water powered 604 will motor on down to syderny and back
    allright i misinterpreted what you said and i'm not afriad to admit that. i'm sorry if i caued any grief to anyone in this forum. i will also say i'm not one to judge when a joke is a joke and when its serious especially on the internet. i would also like to say that this is a proverbial hot potato for myself. now that i have said all of this i'm sorry once again if i've caused any offience against anyone especially 'rambo. the amount of isnite some people have given me on this forum is amzing
    Last edited by orestes; 7th July 2004 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo

i wasn't having a go

Sounds like its going well, i did a bit of touch up work on the paint on my rear bumper today and cleaned my tail lights up. I also swapped the under-bonnet trim from our wreck and put it on as it was much tidier than mine, and i resprayed my intake pipe so its nice and clean.

I might get the chance to hose out my engine bay tomorrow, i'm holding back though because i dont want to hose it out and then have the car not work on the weekend

Dave

allright i misinterpreted what you said and i'm not afriad to admit that. i'm sorry if i caued any grief to anyone in this forum. i will also say i'm not one to judge when a joke is a joke and when its serious especially on the internet. i would also like to say that this is a proverbial hot potato for myself. now that i have said all of this i'm sorry once again if i've caused any offience against anyone
    Its all good mate, what is your name by the way incase i run into you on sunday??

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Its all good mate, what is your name by the way incase i run into you on sunday??

Dave
    lol my names exactly the same as what it is on this forum, im greek mate anyway for pronunciation try this one or-s (sound of an s)-tea put that together and you get what my name would sound like, i'll be there and so will my car most likely

ARRGGHHH!!!

I can't believe that you would prefer someone wreck an BX16V over an Mi16! Why???? Surely there's a hell of a lot less BX16Vs in aus! Mi16s, whilst being a lovely car to drive, comfy as hell, good looking, and very capable - aren't really anything special. 405s are a great car, but really, they aren't *special*! BX's are a far more different car, that are also, more capable than an Mi!

The issue that arises when people start ripping mi16s up to whack their donks in 205s isn't that Mi16s are disappearing its the shocking rate at which standard 205s are being turned into 16Vers, and being written off!

My 2c anyway.

lol my names exactly the same as what it is on this forum, im greek mate anyway for pronunciation try this one or-s (sound of an s)-tea put that together and you get what my name would sound like, i'll be there and so will my car most likely
    My bad

See you there

Quote Originally Posted by nchandler
    ARRGGHHH!!!

I can't believe that you would prefer someone wreck an BX16V over an Mi16! Why???? Surely there's a hell of a lot less BX16Vs in aus! Mi16s, whilst being a lovely car to drive, comfy as hell, good looking, and very capable - aren't really anything special. 405s are a great car, but really, they aren't *special*! BX's are a far more different car, that are also, more capable than an Mi!

The issue that arises when people start ripping mi16s up to whack their donks in 205s isn't that Mi16s are disappearing its the shocking rate at which standard 205s are being turned into 16Vers, and being written off!

My 2c anyway.
    Thats exacly what i think mate, and the fact that the Bx is in a more compact lighter body makes it for a more fun drive. I think all of these 205 wannabe mi-16's should try just driving a bx16 valve instead, they're not that much bigger
    Hehe just having a stab guys

Dave

Hi Guys,

Now if the car is at a dismantling auction i don't have a problem, but you don't wreck cars that are prefectly fine! Mi205 grow up and go buy a motor stop complaining! Wreckers have to make a living you know! Just my gripe. Jesus aggghhhh!
    Auckland NZ -
    2000 Peugeot 406 Coupe, Dark Green.
    2001 Renault Clio Sport RS, Silver.

Brisbane Aus -
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi, Light Blue.

In reality, mixing Mi16 and BX16V owners with 205/16V mods is akin to mixing oil & water; farts and fresh air...they just don't mix.
    Overseas, the mix has created more aggro than politics & religion combined.
    From my point of view, a decent Mi16 or BX16V is a far more practical conveyance that a 205 with the guts of either of the above shoehorned into it. As a toy, I reckon it's unbeatable but for a trip to say Perth from Sydney? Gimme a break.
    Over in the UK the penny has almost dropped; when you run out of "Donor" cars, the party's over.
    There are a couple over there right now looking for a decent 16V and where are they? All stuffed into 205s which don't suit everyone.
    As to why they are now so cheap? Look at the date of manufacture; that should say it all.
    They are now collectables, not donors, and the more that get used as donors, the more valuable as collectables the rest become. Simple as that.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    In reality, mixing Mi16 and BX16V owners with 205/16V mods is akin to mixing oil & water; farts and fresh air...they just don't mix.
    From my point of view, a decent Mi16 or BX16V is a far more practical conveyance that a 205 with the guts of either of the above shoehorned into it. As a toy, I reckon it's unbeatable but for a trip to say Perth from Sydney? Gimme a break.
    Over in the UK the penny has almost dropped; when you run out of "Donor" cars, the party's over.
    There are a couple over there right now looking for a decent 16V and where are they? All stuffed into 205s which don't suit everyone.
    As to why they are now so cheap? Look at the date of manufacture; that should say it all.
    They are now collectables, not donors, and the more that get used as donors, the more valuable as collectables the rest become. Simple as that.

Alan S
    Your loving it though Alan, coz you already have a handful of them
    We will be wondering where all the Bx 16Valves have gone and there will be about 30 of them in Alans shed that he has picked up from auctions

Dave

There were 100 brought into Oz and how many do I have????

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Enough smileys there?? you trying to give me a fit??
    Well if you ever want to get rid of one there is plenty of room in our shed!!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S

Alan S

hahahaha shoehorned! "I iz gonna shoehorn a v8 into my sick pulsar mate"

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information