Got rice?
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Got rice?

Default Got rice?

Okay, there's been much talk of riced up GTIs.. I always find it amusing to see the 306 with white rims and a milo-tin, and the occasional faux maxi kit (complete with genuine mismatching body panels in true service park style)..

Work is boring, so post your riciest! I would start off the pics, but the only rice nearby is a WRX wagon with 555 stickers leaping off it...

Advertisement
    chuckb (1994 405Mi16)

Fellow Frogger!

I aint any rice to share.

but take a look at some of the hot 206's posted on tuningfever.com

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    but take a look at some of the hot 206's posted on tuningfever.com
    Beautiful. Those things are so low Mr. Peugeot would be turning in his grave. Ahh, the showcar, the last great bastion of bling.

chuckb (1994 405Mi16)

Fellow Frogger!

what i dont get is why dont manufacturers offer more of their own aftermarket bling bits. Like imagine if the 180 came with 5 different body kit options, they would make heaps. I know the equation isnt that simple but...

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    what i dont get is why dont manufacturers offer more of their own aftermarket bling bits. Like imagine if the 180 came with 5 different body kit options, they would make heaps. I know the equation isnt that simple but...
    Well, for jap imports, they do - I can see the beneifts of this approach (can you say Ralliart, STi, etc):

1. You wouldn't run out of space on your door for Decals as quickly.
    2. The manufacturer takes home the cream for charging muppets bucketloads for the items done on their existing line.

I guess when it comes to rice, people like exotic rice. You see more TRUST and other non-original-manufacturer stickers than you do STi or Ralliart stickers perhaps because bespoke rice is cooler?

I guess the whole point of modifying your car is that it's now different, unique. Performance enhancements have marginal value to most of us frogs or italian car enthusiasts generally because the factory package is a good thing - probably why you only see maniacs like blu180 modifying modern stock things (and mostly for that extra "1 tenth" you're going to get on a blistering corner speed - the ride compromise being acceptable because on the way home from the track you cant feel your arms and butt anyhow .

chuckb (1994 405Mi16)

Thread Information