Automatic Headlights not working properly
  • Register
  • Help

Default Automatic Headlights not working properly

Hi guys,

Advertisement

Recently my Pug 206 GTi decided to lose its memory or something, so the computer needed to be reset. Since then, the automatic headlights has not been working properly ... it turns on the headlights in the morning, even when there is plenty of light.

How do i fix this without having to turn automatic lights off? For now i just switch it to the lights on the instrument panel. How do i do it so i turn off the headlights and the instrument panel? I dont have the manual here ...

Thanks for your help.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Headlights

Hi
    I have only had my 206GTI for 5 days and yesterday my lights stayed on.

I looked up the handbook and followed instructions on how to turn off and on the auto lights.

1, turn key to accessory then press end of the lighting stalk for 2 seconds

2, the display will say auto lights on or make a sound as auto lights are turned off.

Did this yesterday and today all is working as it should.

Hope this helps

Graeme

But I think kangfu and I want to use the Auto Headlight function but we want it to turn on ONLY when it's needed.

My CC just got a software upgrade and now the headlights won't turn off in the morning after I come out of my garage. I'll speak to Alec Mildren this Friday when I bring the car in for another warranty fix.

Os

Quote Originally Posted by omak
    But I think kangfu and I want to use the Auto Headlight function but we want it to turn on ONLY when it's needed.

My CC just got a software upgrade and now the headlights won't turn off in the morning after I come out of my garage. I'll speak to Alec Mildren this Friday when I bring the car in for another warranty fix.

Os
    My VTS has done this on occasions. It is definitely light enough outside once I get out of the garage, but the auto lights do not turn off. I found the only way to get around it was to either to turn the lights onto the park lights or turn off the auto lights on the go (by pressing the end stalk button until you get the beep, and then turning to park lights and then turning lights off). But this has only happened on the odd occasion, it hasn't been permanent.

Troy.

My 307XSI also does the similar thing sometimes...... i guess is just normal problems with automatic headlight system

It wasn't raining was it? Remember, the auto headlights also come on if you've got the auto wipers on and they wipe something like 10 times in a minute (can't remember the exact formula but it's in the manual - well it is in my 307 manual).

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy Tone
    It wasn't raining was it? Remember, the auto headlights also come on if you've got the auto wipers on and they wipe something like 10 times in a minute (can't remember the exact formula but it's in the manual - well it is in my 307 manual).

Cheers
    I don't know but sometimes I think the auto wipers work off some sort of function using random numbers or something the way they work sometimes.

Troy.

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    I don't know but sometimes I think the auto wipers work off some sort of function using random numbers or something the way they work sometimes. Troy.
    I wish you could adjust the sensitivity .. and I hate how new software patches override old useful functions without even telling you ... the lights used to stay on for 30sec after the car stopped (a safety thing) latest patch turns that function off ...

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    I wish you could adjust the sensitivity .. and I hate how new software patches override old useful functions without even telling you ... the lights used to stay on for 30sec after the car stopped (a safety thing) latest patch turns that function off ...

- XTC206 -
    Can somebody explain to me how many software versions there are? I still have that headlight function, so i have the older one? I find that function handy! Do i really need to get my software updated?

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by kangfu
    Can somebody explain to me how many software versions there are? I still have that headlight function, so i have the older one? I find that function handy! Do i really need to get my software updated?
    Not sure, but talk to the guys over at www.peugeotlogic.com they might be able to tell you .. yes I was pissed that was removed and replaced with a seatbelt chime you can't turn off .. (except by putting the belt on !!! - of course

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Not sure, but talk to the guys over at www.peugeotlogic.com they might be able to tell you .. yes I was pissed that was removed and replaced with a seatbelt chime you can't turn off .. (except by putting the belt on !!! - of course

- XTC206 -
    The "follow me home" headlight function has not been removed. The new software needs you to flash the high beam to turn on the function, and better still, since you've mentioned you've now got the seatbelt chime, the headlight function will stay on even after you've locked up the car.

Have you noticed the seatbelt chime gets louder and louder if you persist not to put on the seatbelt.

I think the auto wiper has also been updated to automatically turn on each time you start the car if the wiper stalk is in the auto wiper position. Previously you had to turn off the wiper and then put it back into auto wiper mode for it to work automatically.
    Last edited by omak; 7th July 2004 at 10:29 PM.

The "follow me home" headlight function has not been removed. The new software needs you to flash the high beam to turn on the function, and better still, since you've mentioned you've now got the seatbelt chime, the headlight function will stay on even after you've locked up the car.

Have you noticed the seatbelt chime gets louder and louder if you persist not to put on the seatbelt.
    How do u turn the "follow me home" function ???

Quote Originally Posted by 30780Y
    How do u turn the "follow me home" function ???
    Just flash the highbeam once

XTC

The "follow me home" headlight function has not been removed. The new software needs you to flash the high beam to turn on the function
    I knew that .. but you have to flash the high beam ... people wonder WTF you are doing. Better the old way .. just my opinion. Yes auto wiper on message is better now, can't see why they don't give us the options .. it's just a software settings.

But that seatbelt chime AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Oh It does stop chiming. After about 1 minute or so. That's if you can put up with it for that long. It really does get quite loud.

The thing that annoys me is If im running from say the ATM down to the servo to get milk (as I was tonight) I didnt put the seatbelt on thru the carpark. Even opening the door, getting out, and then getting back in the car doesnt cancel it!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    The thing that annoys me is If im running from say the ATM down to the servo to get milk (as I was tonight) I didnt put the seatbelt on thru the carpark. Even opening the door, getting out, and then getting back in the car doesnt cancel it!
    Oh didn't know that!

The auto wipers can be so schitzo sometimes. The rain will stop or get very light, and then wipers go off at maximum speed. Or you will have fine rain on the windscreen hampering your vision and they don't wipe at all. They seem to work best with steady to heavy rain. No problems on the way back from New Norcia when it was constant rain.

It is will be interesting to see if the Xsara has this "follow me home" function. Can you flash the high beam at any point to turn it or does it have to be with the key in accessories position or something like that?

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    It is will be interesting to see if the Xsara has this "follow me home" function. Can you flash the high beam at any point to turn it or does it have to be with the key in accessories position or something like that?

Troy.
    I think they will function until open the door of the car. Things like the power windows etc work up until you open the doors after taking the key out. I'll have to try!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!

XTC

Oh It does stop chiming. After about 1 minute or so. That's if you can put up with it for that long. It really does get quite loud.
    I think if you stay in reverse .... or stay under 20kph it doesn't chime at all .. great help that hey? ..

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Just flash the highbeam once
    When???
    Can u explain in more detail?
    i remember trying it once, but doesnt work.......
    What does the function do anyway?

I think they will function until open the door of the car. Things like the power windows etc work up until you open the doors after taking the key out. I'll have to try!
    I gave it go when I got to the office this morning, and it works! I turned off the engine, and then flashed the high beam once. The lights came on. I got out of the car and closed the doors and the lights stayed on. Once I locked the car, the lights turned off about 10 seconds after that.

Troy.

I think if you stay in reverse .... or stay under 20kph it doesn't chime at all .. great help that hey? ..

- XTC206 -
    I was trying to stay under 20k but it just crept over when I was going down a hill!

I still maintain that Peugeot should provide you with "release documentation" everytime they load new software into the car.

Thread Information