205 GTi '87 What's this hose called ? and where can I get it
  • Register
  • Help

205 GTi '87 What's this hose called ? and where can I get it

Hi all,

Well.. we are 98% there with the clutch in my 205. We broke or rather finished off the top engine mount last night so I've gone and purchased a new one...

Advertisement

But.. during the process of connecting all the hoses etc... back upto the various things we noticed one hose that came completely away from behind the engine.

THe path of this hose is from the back of the engine block (near the firewall) across, up and over the gearbox, under the airflow meter and into the large pipe that leads away from the airflow meter and before the throttle.

If I leave the pipe off and unblocked, the car will start but then stall. If I block the hole where the pipe slips onto, the car starts and idles fine...

What is this pipe, what it do and where can I get it??? Auto France doesn't ahve it...

Thanks
    Justin
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

Sounds like an engine crankcase breather tube, Justin. It recirculates cranckases fumes back into the inlet manifold essentially, thereby reducing crankcase pressure and reducing pollution.

I don't know the 205 engine, but my bet would be that you would have to go to Pug dealer for a proper replacement, with the bends in the right places etc, but that an appropriate length of flexible,fuel proof, temperature resistant tubing of the right diameter might be obtainable from one of the regular auto parts suppliers of the Repco / Autobahn variety.

Cheers

Rod

<small>[ 12 September 2003, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Rod Hagen ]</small>
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 4008 2016Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, (deadish), - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 406 ST 1997, 307 XSE, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Thread Information