Crankshaft Pulley - Okay to use?
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By luthier
  • 1 Post By GRAHAM WALLIS
  • 2 Post By driven
  • 1 Post By SteveSal

Thread: Crankshaft Pulley - Okay to use?

Default Crankshaft Pulley - Okay to use?

Belated Happy New Year Everyone!

Had a bit of a run in with my crankshaft pulley and managed to chip a section off the front half!

Advertisement

Would anyone know if it would still be okay to drive water pump belt? (picture attached)

If not, would anyone know where I could source a THIN crankshaft pulley (403 engine)?

Thanks in advance fellas and hope everyone is having a GREAT New Year so far!

82546082_801845893621175_8516115412830650368_n.jpg

1000+ Posts

If I was stuck I'd tension it up and run it to see. If it runs well I'd then use it till a replacement was available. Sorry I haven't got one handy or I'd be sending it straight away. I certainly would consider that a temporary situation as you wouldn't know when it would let go but most likely it would be chaffing the belt and would fail much earlier than a standard belt, [if it runs at all].
    Kenfuego likes this.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by James Gelido View Post
    Belated Happy New Year Everyone!

Had a bit of a run in with my crankshaft pulley and managed to chip a section off the front half!

Would anyone know if it would still be okay to drive water pump belt? (picture attached)

If not, would anyone know where I could source a THIN crankshaft pulley (403 engine)?

Thanks in advance fellas and hope everyone is having a GREAT New Year so far!

82546082_801845893621175_8516115412830650368_n.jpg
    Might have a pully, they are different (spacing) to the early 404 ones which are the same diameter at least
    James Gelido likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    If I was stuck I'd tension it up and run it to see. If it runs well I'd then use it till a replacement was available. Sorry I haven't got one handy or I'd be sending it straight away. I certainly would consider that a temporary situation as you wouldn't know when it would let go but most likely it would be chaffing the belt and would fail much earlier than a standard belt, [if it runs at all].
    No problems at all mate, thanks for the reply regardless. I think this is definietly the best bet till something pops up. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Might have a pully, they are different (spacing) to the early 404 ones which are the same diameter at least
    Thanks Graham, this will be the last piece of the puzzle (hopefully). Keep me posted and Happy New Year!

Just get a standard pulley with taper lock

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SPA-A-Se...18njBJscoZIwgw
    Beano and James Gelido like this.

I am sure I would have a suitable 403 one, I have many in my 403 treasure trove
    Dano likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSal View Post
    I am sure I would have a suitable 403 one, I have many in my 403 treasure trove
    Hi Steve! That's great! I'll send you a PM. Thanks again

Thread Information