308 with P0016 error after timing chain replaced
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10

    Default 308 with P0016 error after timing chain replaced

    Hi all, I need some help at what to look at for possible fault.
    I have replaced the timing chain and everything else associated with it.
    Engine is from 308 2008 EP6DT
    The engine oil is replaced at the same time.
    The fault disappears after the engine has warmed up and temp is at 90 degrees.
    And I do heave a problem with the scanner where canít recognise the ECU.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated


    IMG_1575243784.707779.jpgIMG_1575243802.510931.jpg





    Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts dmccurtayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Newcastle/ central coast
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    How did you set the timing


    4008
    Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts Peter C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    SWOTR
    Posts
    3,657

    Default

    You could write my knowledge of this this sort of fault on the back of a postage stamp but Google says "synchronisation fault between the camshaft and crankshaft". Are you sure any sensors are plugged back in correctly?

  4. #4
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    How did you set the timing


    4008
    Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    I shouldíve been clear,
    I had the chain replaced by a friend that works in a mini garage, will have to check with him regarding the timing.
    Do you have an idea what we should look at?



    Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

  5. #5
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter C View Post
    You could write my knowledge of this this sort of fault on the back of a postage stamp but Google says "synchronisation fault between the camshaft and crankshaft". Are you sure any sensors are plugged back in correctly?
    As far as I know, everything is plugged back in. I will need to go through and check all the sensors.



    Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

  6. #6
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10

    Default 308 with P0016 error after timing chain replaced

    Hi again,
    So I measured some parameters and something looks bit odd, the engine was warm and check engine light was off
    But I noticed some of the measured values were quite different to the value should be,

    Does that mean that my timing is not quite right

    IMG_1575653551.298178.jpg

    IMG_1575653593.827397.jpg

    IMG_1575653607.984361.jpg



    Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs
    Last edited by Darko; 7th December 2019 at 04:33 AM.

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts dmccurtayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Newcastle/ central coast
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    A turbo doesnít have exhaust vvt control you need a correct base line first what the vin


    4008
    Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

  8. #8
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    A turbo doesnít have exhaust vvt control you need a correct base line first what the vin


    4008
    Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Hi dmccurtayne,

    My vin is VF34C5FTF55280392


    Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts dmccurtayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Newcastle/ central coast
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    You need to select the correct car in diagbox or force it to maybe even call it a ds3. But in saying that the timing is out so needs to be checked again.
    Making sure the intake hub locks and the correct pin is used on the flywheel


    4008
    Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

  10. #10
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    You need to select the correct car in diagbox or force it to maybe even call it a ds3. But in saying that the timing is out so needs to be checked again.
    Making sure the intake hub locks and the correct pin is used on the flywheel


    4008
    Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time


    Yeah was selected at the correct car model, I have problem with the diagbox not recognising the ECU. And most likely will need to check the timing again. How much is involved in checking the timing h labour wise).

    cheers

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts dmccurtayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Newcastle/ central coast
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Itís not bringing up the correct system so might need to select a cit as I said who ever did your chain should fix this. It only takes less than an hour to check the timing. Iíve been a tech on these for over 20 years


    4008
    Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

  12. #12
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    Itís not bringing up the correct system so might need to select a cit as I said who ever did your chain should fix this. It only takes less than an hour to check the timing. Iíve been a tech on these for over 20 years


    4008
    Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Thanks, will talk to the guy to check the timing


    Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •