Boot lock Peugeot 203C
  • Register
  • Help

Default Boot lock Peugeot 203C

Has anyone removed the lock barrel from the handle ? I have located and removed a small grub screw but nothing wants to move - I don't have a key for the lock and will be looking into having one cut - at the moment it is in the unlocked position .

Advertisement

If getting a key cut take the whole bit to the locksmith should be same as ignition in mine I think,

After removing the grub screw the barrel can be turned and pulled out if you have a key. I can provide you with a lever complete with barrel and key. However the lever is rather daggy and might just be OK for re chroming. If your lever is OK the barrel could be drilled out. Send me a PM if interested.

On the subject of 203 keys, the door and boot keys should be the same (Ronis). The ignition key is for an Australian supplied switch which replaced the pull button provided for other markets. Having different keys for the boot and door is a pain but the wafers in the exposed boot barrel can be filed down to suit the door key. The reverse isn't possible as the door lock is riveted together.

Tony

Thread Information