Peugeo 2008 1.2 turbo Dipstick measurements and oil to add
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Peugeo 2008 1.2 turbo Dipstick measurements and oil to add

Some intelligent advice needed. I've been happily plonking oil in my 504 over many years, but am ignorant with these new-fangled cars of this millenium.....

I may need to add some engine oil (perhaps) to the 2008 before its next scheduled change (it's only down a bit, but just wondering) - Dumb questions, but the manual doesn't see very helpful at a glance.

What is the oil level difference between "full" and "add oil" (that is top to bottom markings on the dipstick).

Any particular brand of synthetic oil?

I await any reply

Cheers

Advertisement

I've never put any oil in any modern car between services - provided you stick to the correct intervals. And thats over the last 20 years. If its above the bottom mark its OK. Just keep an eye on it if you are worried. If you really do want to put oil in it, try to find out what it has in it - either from the manual or a sticker under the bonnet or the last service sticker on the windshield. All modern engines run on fully synthetic. If its new then it will have what the dealers use. If not and you dont know whats in there, I'd leave it till the service. Or if you are really worried follow the owners manual recommendation and change the lot. The grade of the oil is probably more important than the brand. If it was a diesel then getting the oil right is very important. But the manual recommended grade of fully synthetic should do.

2011 Peugeot 207 HDi Touring Outdoor

2004 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 Manual.

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Next: 2007 Peugeot 407HDi Coupe

Thread Information