Coolant hose and VIN decoding 306 GTI6
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Coolant hose and VIN decoding 306 GTI6

Hi all

Advertisement

Two things.

1. I am after a lower radiator coolant hose for my 03/1999 306 GTI6. They no longer have them at Peugeot Part stockists and requests come back "not available anymore". So I'd appreciate suggestions for obtaining OEM EPDM rubber, silicone, good second hand hose, solution. The suspected part number is 1351z3. However, given the variety of part numbers for hoses, I am looking to verify this.

2. I believe one way to do do this is to decode the VIN to an RPO number as well as get enough detail to find the lower coolant hose part number. If I have to buy the part overseas, I would like precision on the part number. I've been checking my VIN online, with a number of sites, and they come up with completely different answers. My cars VIN is VF37CRFSW32478823.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any help in this.

Try EAI first-

EAI: Rad Hoses

https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/oenumber/1351z3.html

https://www.autoteile.de/en/listing/...cturer:peugeot

I might have a spare in the shed if none of the above can supply.
    Track car-Steel Grey 405 Mi16 2.2 litre

405 Track car build thread moved to-
    http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index...ic=143279&st=0

Lap times-
    Sandown 1 27.9
    Phillip Island 1 53.8

Previous Frenchies-
    1988 205Gti
    1998 306 GTi6
    1997 306 N5 sedan
    1996 306 N3 XT hatch
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Avocado
    1976 Renault R16TS manual in Trak Yellow
    1975 Renault 5 Guernsey, Channel Islands
    1972 Renault 4 Guernsey, Channel Islands

IMG_1559277106.049016.jpg
    IMG_1559277124.969061.jpg

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Tadpole

Thank you pgti6.
    I spoke to EAI a few days ago, they informed me that their suppliers do not have GTI6 bottom hoses anymore.
    https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/oenumber/1351z3.html has one supplier but insist on a no haggle 115 shipping fee on the 28 part. So possible, but unfriendly.
    https://www.autoteile.de/en/listing/...cturer:peugeot require a buyer to be a wholesaler and need company website proof.
    I won't send you thrashing through the shed 'till I run out of new hose options, but I thank you for the offer and may hit you up on it depending.
    Ever onward.

Tadpole

Thanks dmccurtayne

The provider you gave on the UK part has an option of sending them a message and they will confirm compatibility. I'll be doing that. The number they work from is the XU10J4R number. I thought the RPO number would be important.

I'm a tadpole here and I may have led members a little up the garden path. There is a replacement radiator (still GTI6) to go into the car and it requires the radiator hose part number 1351z3. However, a thread on a UK GTI6 Owners Club states there are 4 potential part numbers. I do not know if there is a material difference between some of them. They state:

Gti6 bottom rad hose
    1351 X9 WTR OUTLET HOSE - INJECTION XU10J4RS UNTIL RPO No. 07972
    1351 Z3 - INJECTION XU10J4RS SINCE RPO No. 07973 UNTIL RPO No. 08357
    1351 ZV - INJECTION XU10J4RS SINCE RPO No. 08358
    1343 Z4 - later type bottom hose seal ring + top hose seal ring to thermostat housing

With one contributor stating that there may be two choices for the 1351Z3 part.

Thanks for the lead and info.

1000+ Posts

Be advised they are the same on the xu10J4R XSI engine and the 2 litre diesel, the HDI possibly, all 306 models. Go to a wrecker if desperate. All later models that is, from my personal experience, 2000 onwards, they are the metal clip type on radiator end
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway
    306 convertible (gti6 candidate)
    307 HDi wagon
    407 HDi wagon

Tadpole

Matthew

Thanks for the info. After conferring with radiator supplier, I have ordered a specific 1351Z3 hose part at reasonable cost and reasonable shipping. If all goes well I'll post a link to the o/s parts provider for reference. If not, I'll be looking to other Frogists or wreckers and try the post 2000 hose as suggested (seems to have a similar fitting as 1351Z3).

1000+ Posts

Can I just say that onlinecarparts.co.uk is actually the same company as AutoDoc (my order arrived in an AutoDoc box), and both are part of the GmbH group.

Being German, they are very thorough - they wouldn't process my first order until I had gone through a verification procedure, which involved talking to an actual person on the phone! They tried to ring me a couple of times, but then left it up to me to phone at a time that suited. Then they didn't trust me to have ordered the right parts, so asked for my VIN numbers so they could manually check that between me and their their computer we hadn't stuffed things up (we hadn't)!

That very high fixed shipping cost did put me off, but their price for the gear-change cables that I needed for my 406 was so much cheaper than Peugeot's that I decided that it was still economical. Then while I was waiting for the verification process I asked via email if I could add more parts to the same order. That was OK, so I finished up getting quite a list of parts, including rear disk rotors, all in the same order and all included in the same shipment with just the one standard shipping fee.

So yes, it's a lot for a small order, but worthwhile if you can bundle several items. They certainly don't have every part I need for my 19+ year old cars, but the range of brands they stock for parts they do have really surprised me. I bought Brembo rear disks and pads for my Citroen XM, essentially because I could - they were reasonably priced, in stock, and a brand I recognised.

Cheers

Alec

1000+ Posts

GmbH is basically German for Pty Ltd.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
    GmbH is basically German for Pty Ltd.
    Oops !!! How embarrassment!!

Well thay are both German companies!! Actually there must be a link, as they offer the same products for the same prices (AutoDoc is 10-20 pence cheaper), and currently both have a 17% off sale for the next 17 hrs and 27 minutes!!

Actually, TBH I haven't checked AutoDoc's freight charges, but I'd be surprised if there's much difference.

Cheers

Alec
    Last edited by Armidillo; 1st June 2019 at 03:45 PM.

Tadpole

Thanks Alec

The multiple purchase inclusion is a good idea and a reminder to ask, and not discount the high shipping cost providers when it suits.

Next opportunity I'll run up a full list for the purchase.

Cheers
    Joel

Hi Joel,

Coolant hose supply is becoming a bit of an issue for the 306 - I have an XSi and the heater hoses are no longer available. Because you have a gti-6 you might find that bakerbm will be willing to to make a silicon hose set if they get enough requests. The Gti-6 has a strong following in the uk.

I ended up having to modify a lhd heater hose ( to get the heater matrix fittings) to keep my heater working:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tadpole

Thanks Blahblah

I does appear hoses are getting rare. I've burned some interweb hours for a solution. Ben from Spoox.co.uk (performance products and silicone hose kit sellers) has been very helpful and was willing to source an OE Hose for me from Germany. I'll give Spoox another mention in my wrap up post. I currently have a new OE hose due next Tuesday from Estonia and I'm hoping it does the job. The car will get further renovation on it's return and I'll be checking all hoses, including the heater hoses, fittings and connections so thanks for info there. Who knows, 3D printing might save us all in the near future.

Cheers
    Joel

Tadpole

Hello Froggists

Wrap up post on 306 GTI-6 lower radiator hose.

Thank you everyone for leads and advice. The final solution was a purchase from Spareto in Estonia https://spareto.com/. Cost was €56.24 including shipping by DHL via Germany. It arrived within 5 days. I would rate that as an excellent experience.
    Spoox Motorsport UK provided excellent customer service. Ben provided advice, research and wished me well when I moved on to find the OE part. I would have no hesitation in using them as a UK provider or contact.
    The clutch on the 306 is being done and I expect it on the road this week.
    Again thanks to everyone who commented. I would expect more help being sought as the refurbishment continues.
    Safe travels.
    Cheers
    Joel

Thread Information