307 2004 SW petrol. Catalytic Error with codes. Any help appreciated.
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 307 2004 SW petrol. Catalytic Error with codes. Any help appreciated.

Hi fellow frogs.
    I am trying to solve this problem we are having with a 307 SW 2004 petrol auto.
    At start up there is immediate engine light and Catalytic error warning on dash screen.

The coil pack, plugs and EGR were all changed at a shop in an effort to solve the issue - inital codes were cleared by the mechanic and after driving around for a short while the car was ok. Parked the car and faults have returned.

I now have the car and trying to help my mate fix the problems.
    The codes i am getting are;

Advertisement

P0410 - Powertrain Secondary Air Injection System

P0204 - Powertrain Cyclinder 4 Misfire Detected

P1340 - Powertrain

all codes read from Torque app and Bluetooth ODBII adapter.
    Codes cleared but return as soon as the car starts.

The car when started cold makes a loud noise at the pump which stops after 30secs or less
    The car idles rough like in limp mode or miss fire, when driving there is a huge loss of power.
    Obviously running on 3 cylinders.

I have removed the main hose from the pump and air is coming from the pump and through the hose
    so no blockages at these 2 points.

I have checked all the fuses.
    I filled the car with 98 fuel and took it for a drive for 30mins

What should be my next thing to check here, seeing as we have a new coil pack, plugs and EGR and a working pump?

thanks for any help

Donít worry about the air pump fault wonít cause miss .
    I would do or get someone to do a relative compression test first using a oscilloscope not a manual gauge and do it cold and hot that way you can see if you have a problem with the lifters etc if you need more info let me know without doing this you really donít know

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Thread Information