508 2.0 HDI oil leak
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 508 2.0 HDI oil leak

Anyone to tell me what is this thing :-)
    Well, after some oil leak diagnosed as High pressure fuel pump seal leek and $550 repair, oil started to leak again after couple of weeks. Took my car back and now I am told it is main oil seal and they are asking $1200 to repar. Before I went back ,I went under the car and I took couple of photos of parth I believe is fuel pump and where leak is coming from.
    could anyone confirm to me, Is this Fuel pump leak?
    Appreciate any coment .
    Cheers
    DC0F63CA-05B5-4EDA-881E-F02C38D3E2A2.jpegEC7A8A7F-8E45-429E-B6EA-6049A0B97867.jpeg

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Crank case breather system may not be operating properly ,causing pressure in the crank case, resulting in these oil leaks ,pugs

Yes thatís the fuel pump I would have a look at that turbo pipe looks a bit wet and common to leak.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Tadpole

which one is turbo oil pipe? It looks to me as oil from fuel pump dripping down on that big black pipe.

Tadpole

where is crank case breather :-)
    Sorry to ask silly questions, but I didn’t do much on this cars. Had 308 for long time, and never had any problems. Oils, filters etc was only job I did on that car. After accident , I grub me 508 petrol turbo, and too many problems. Under 60k turbo replaced, timing chain , water pump, all together $8000. Peugeot covered most of it. Oil leak started week after all this was done and back to service....I swaped it to diesel and so far, what ever was mentioned on this forum , is happening to this car. Yesterday , rear door window just dropped down and now I am chasing that lifter mechanisam too :-) ... I love Peugeots and I will not give up on them. Beautiful to drive but, it looks I have to pull it apart to learn how to maintain it. I don’t believe car garages in Perth. This oil leak is obviously not main seal as diagnosed by this garage mechanic...
    Last edited by tristoosam; 17th February 2019 at 12:28 PM.

1000+ Posts

Yes to be frank we are lacking reliable Peugeot mechanics in Perth now more than ever. I don't know of any.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Thread Information