Troublesome Peugeot 207 GTI
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Troublesome Peugeot 207 GTI

G'Day Fellow Peugeot Owners, Enthusiasts,

Can I please ask for some direction on a little 207GTI that is being a bit troublesome. It is the 4th Pug in the household, and wants all of the garage time.

Advertisement

It is a 2007 model GTI with 114000KMs on it, has the following fault codes, as pulled by Diagbox
    F034
    F03F
    715C
    P2279

The symptoms on the vehicle seem to be,
    air con not working,
    and on occasion after the vehicle has stood following a long run, the engine warning light illuminates, and then the cooling fan will run on full speed for 10 mins?

If anyone has experienced any of these issues or codes, could you please share you fixes
    It would be very much appreciated

Kind Regards

Quote Originally Posted by C McC View Post
    G'Day Fellow Peugeot Owners, Enthusiasts,

Can I please ask for some direction on a little 207GTI that is being a bit troublesome. It is the 4th Pug in the household, and wants all of the garage time.

It is a 2007 model GTI with 114000KMs on it, has the following fault codes, as pulled by Diagbox
    F034
    F03F
    715C
    P2279

The symptoms on the vehicle seem to be,
    air con not working,
    and on occasion after the vehicle has stood following a long run, the engine warning light illuminates, and then the cooling fan will run on full speed for 10 mins?

If anyone has experienced any of these issues or codes, could you please share you fixes
    It would be very much appreciated

Kind Regards
    Here's a lookup for those codes - DTC - Diagnostic Trouble Codes - Foutcodes

Would seem the first 3 are comms faults - check wiring connections and battery voltages
    Last one is the manifold pressure low code - check hoses and connections on the pressurised side of the turbo for a leak or loose fitting

Does the oil cap suck in when the engine is running

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Here's a lookup for those codes - DTC - Diagnostic Trouble Codes - Foutcodes

Would seem the first 3 are comms faults - check wiring connections and battery voltages
    Last one is the manifold pressure low code - check hoses and connections on the pressurised side of the turbo for a leak or loose fitting
    G'day Thatguy,

Thanks for the DTC list and information, looks like i will be breaking out the multimeter this weekend,
    Cheers

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    Does the oil cap suck in when the engine is running

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    G'day dmccurtayne,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated,
    and yes i can confirm that the oil filler cap is suctioned to cover when engine is idling.

Default Troublesome Peugeot 207 GTI

Your pcv valve is stuffed you will need to replace the rocker cover this will affect you intake manifold pressure
    The comms faults won’t cause any running issues

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Tadpole

Hey dmccurtayne

Thanks for the follow up,
    agreed,
    i will be tracking one down now. What a great design. I will post after the repair has been completed, and advise

Tadpole

Hi i have a question in regards to the cam cover PCV valve issue
    If i were to use the PCV blanking plugs 2 x 0361.S4
    that are used to apparently reduce the carbon build up on the inlet valves. Would this eliminate my issue of the P2279 code intake air leak, and also reduce the carbon build up?

No because you would still have vacuum build up

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Thread Information