Pug 403 clock
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Restorer

Thread: Pug 403 clock

Fellow Frogger!

Default Pug 403 clock

Has anyone been successful in repairing a Peugeot 403 clock, I have two and both ain't working.

Advertisement

Pug 403 clock-20181103_162417.jpgPug 403 clock-20181103_162439.jpg

I have had no experience in repairing 403 clocks , wouldn't even try ! but I have replaced the original works with a quartz movement using the original dials and face so that the finished result looked like the original. The quartz movement was about $16. plus something extra for hands. It uses a single dry cell battery that lasts about one year , no risk of fire with a dodgy original permanently connected to a 12 volt battery. A good description of the method is in a post on the ponton ( Mercedes) website in which a quartz movement went into a Benz dash clock.
    JustinJapan1964 likes this.

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by Restorer View Post
    I have had no experience in repairing 403 clocks , wouldn't even try ! but I have replaced the original works with a quartz movement using the original dials and face so that the finished result looked like the original. The quartz movement was about $16. plus something extra for hands. It uses a single dry cell battery that lasts about one year , no risk of fire with a dodgy original permanently connected to a 12 volt battery. A good description of the method is in a post on the ponton ( Mercedes) website in which a quartz movement went into a Benz dash clock.
    Clever suggestion

The web site suggested above is Mercedes-Benz Ponton Dashboard Clock Modification www.mbzponton.org

(As the chap on that web page says - it is a pity he did not take a few more pictures as he went along ...)

Ian.

Thread Information