4007 limp mode
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 4007 limp mode

Tadpole

Default 4007 limp mode

My wife called me while out driving her 4007 automatic and explained symptoms of limp mode and said the computer screen says 'transmission service required.' She turned the car off for a while and on again which seemed to take it out of limp mode but there is still a warning light on the dash. Is this simply a matter of resetting the service interval screen or does it require being put on a scan tool?

Advertisement

Mick, if it is only a 'service now due' indicator, then reset when and wherever.

However if it has tripped a code and it would have by the engine light remaining on the dash, it means that a sensor picked up a gremlin. Could be a faulty sensor itself. If you have a cheap diagnostic tool, then you can determine the fault code, do a reset and look it up on the Internet. How many kilometres and how long since last transmission service? All transmissions like new oils every now and again. I do mine every 45,000 klicks.

Check this out:
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Auto-Car...yKB:rk:19:pf:0

Cheers.
    The French TartÖ

UFO

I had similar on my C5 last year. It would run fine until well warmed up and running in top gear on the highway. Slow down such as approaching a built up area and the 'box would lock to 3rd gear (of six) and errors went off. Fortunately I was not too far from Continental Cars - phoned ahead and they took it in straight away and provided a loaner for me to continue my journey. By lunch the next day they had diagnosed and repaired the problem - a sensor on the 'box had failed and they had identified it via their computer analysis and replaced the part. All up $400 inc labour. Never had a prob since.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Bit different to the c5 box being a dsg I would be getting it scanned ASAP the hydraulic control units have had a few issues lately

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    Bit different to the c5 box being a dsg I would be getting it scanned ASAP the hydraulic control units have had a few issues lately
    I think the important message is:

Get it to someone who has the gear and can diagnose it. You will save a shitload (that's a metric measurement ) of time, money and grief.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Tadpole

My brother in law hooked it up to his scan tool the day it happened and cleared a few codes relating to DPF. Car drove fine for about 300 kms before doing it again. Transmission seems to be fine

Were you able to talk to the auto gearbox with that scan tool

Fix it right the first time

What area are you in

Tadpole

No there was no codes relating to any gearbox fault. The engine light had however gone out by the time i drove to his house

Duplicate on other thread

Tadpole

Just an update on the issue. The fault is still coming on intermittently. I bought a cheap code reader and am getting code P1836 which peugeot tells me is fork 1 sticking. The gearbox seems to always work fine and makes no abnormal noises. Does anyone know where to find the sensor that controls this or anything else that may rectify it? The gearbox oil has been changed with genuine total oil. Cheers

What your vin number or at least the last eight

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Tadpole

Az802359

As said in #4 the hydraulic units do have issues the fork number one sensor is part of the hydraulic unit and not available as a part maybe available via Mitsubishi but if the sensor was faulty would expect faults like 1820 1821 etc the best bet may be to do a gear shift position relearn and then seeing how that goes remember all these positions are logic based so a flat battery could have screwed things up what area are you in

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Tadpole

What is the cost of getting the hydraulic unit replaced? I have never heard of a shift re-learn, who can perform this? I am in singleton NSW

About 5k Iím in Newcastle with these you relearn the fork positions and clutch bite points itís something you do when you replace the hydraulic unit or parts of the box like clutches etc can do it if you are down this way but I think you said you had someone with a modus or the like might be worth seeing if that has the option to do it what oil did you use

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

But the hydraulic unit might not be the problem it could be a jammed gear set broken synchro even bent fork if you replace the hydraulic unit without a relearn you can do serious damage

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Tadpole

How much would you charge to do a re-learn and how long would it take? I could come down tomorrow if you're free or one day next week? I used genuine total oil supplied by peugeot based off my VIN number. Like I said the gearbox seems to always work fine with no abnormal noises or vibrations and always smooth changes, it might go 150kms sometimes before it decides to throw the code

Itís going to be a bit warm the next couple of days best to do on a cooler day less stress on everything I could do Sunday or next week it is probably half an hour soup to nuts yeah as you said it works correctly so more likely a programming learning issue

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Tadpole

Ok no worries. My next day off after today is tuesday or wednesday next week?

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    Itís going to be a bit warm the next couple of days best to do on a cooler day less stress on everything I could do Sunday or next week it is probably half an hour soup to nuts yeah as you said it works correctly so more likely a programming learning issue

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Sent you a PM, is tomorrow possible?

Thread Information