Looking for 505 GTi Service Manual
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Looking for 505 GTi Service Manual

hi . i am newbie here. i am looking for 505 GTi service manual, kindly please don inform here you know the links/etc

Advertisement

nJm

Are you after the actual factory service manuals, or just a home mechanic type book? The Haynes manual covers all petrol 4 cylinder 505 models. You should be able to order it from any shop that sells Haynes manuals such as Autobarn, or buy it off the internet. I think the PCCV has a library with such manuals that members can borrow.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Tadpole

Default 505 GTi Manual

Are you after the actual factory service manuals, or just a home mechanic type book? The Haynes manual covers all petrol 4 cylinder 505 models. You should be able to order it from any shop that sells Haynes manuals such as Autobarn, or buy it off the internet. I think the PCCV has a library with such manuals that members can borrow.

ok. i am not sure the different between factory service manual and haynes manual(home mechanic version). If possible I would like to get factory service manual.It is difficult to get a copy in MY.
    p/s: got any pdf format manual file ??

Haynes Manuals are OK but a bit mickey mouse.....

They are good to get a fair idea with somethings although i've always found them to be a little light on detail.

I've got copies of the Factory books here....3 volumes.....of around 300 pages each

All for series 1 though

Ben
    1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

nJm

Got to love the Haynes manual. If it says "carefully apply pressure" it really means hit it as hard as you can with the largest spanner you have
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Tadpole

Default 505 GTi standard computer box -loss

i have 505 gti which is can not run anymore due to serius wiring problem and there is no computer box available in the engine bay. i am not sure what type of engine that i have. so when i allocate fresh charge battery+start=there is no sound that engine crank. however, when i press wiper panel, suddenly the rpm goes up and down... oh

505 Tester - first of all ...WHAT?!?

Secondly, the 505 GTi engine is a 2.2 efi engine which is designated as the "ZDJL". Hope that helps - although I doubt it, given that when you press the wiper pannel the tacho goes whoopee ...holy crap that sounds bad!

Thread Information