• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hugo

Thread: 505 GTI series 2 bottom radiator hose alternative found

Default 505 GTI series 2 bottom radiator hose alternative found

Hi all,

Advertisement

I needed to replace the bottom radiator hose on my 1993 505 GTI series 2 wagon. The Peugeot part is unsurprisingly effectively no longer available. I found the Mackay CH1110 the best fit after some trimming. I'm mentioning it here in case the information is useful.

I measured the hose IDs needed to be 32 mm (radiator side) and 38 mm (water pump side). I scanned through the hundreds of radiator hoses in the Mackay catalogue and found the best match - the CH1110 (designed for a Ford Cortina). It just needs trimming to length on the radiator side. The angle is close enough so that it fits without much twisting.

Here it is just after being trimmed and after being installed:

505 GTI series 2 bottom radiator hose alternative found-img_20180712_131006-copy.jpg 505 GTI series 2 bottom radiator hose alternative found-img_20180712_175246-installed-copy.jpg

BTW, some websites including Ebay mention the CH1893 as suitable for the 505 GTI series 2, but this is not correct, the angle is just wrong.

The Mackay CH1727 (designed for an Econovan top) has been mentioned in this forum as being a good alternative for the bottom hose, but the IDs at both ends of the CH1110 are a better fit.

The CH1110 was easily ordered from Burstons. I think it was about $30.

Cheers,
    Hugo
    GRAHAM WALLIS and Doush_504 like this.

VIP Sponsor

There would be more 505s on the road than Cortinas I would have thought? Also, you can easily buy Camira hoses which work as the top hose on a 205, certainly more 205s than Camiras.

Thread Information