2011 308 Sportium HDI Auto.
  • Register
  • Help

Default 2011 308 Sportium HDI Auto.

Can anyone please confirm what Hdi version is in the 2011 308 Sportium HDI Auto?

I have just purchased this vehicle and waiting to collect it next week. The car advertisement stated it was 120KW 340NM version?

I can't find anything online confiming the power output of the HDI in this year.

Any help would be great.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

That describes the DW10CTED4 engine, RHH in the VIN, Euro 5 compliant, and it's one of the best. No shortage of oomph either.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    That describes the DW10CTED4 engine, RHH in the VIN, Euro 5 compliant, and it's one of the best. No shortage of oomph either.
    RHR is the VIN, is this still the same engine type 120KW 340NM

1000+ Posts

No. It is the earlier DW10BTED4 engine, 100kW, at the end of its run.

No. It is the earlier DW10BTED4 engine, 100kW, at the end of its run.
    Oh right, thanks for clearing that up. So my car is the 100kw 320nm version. Is there a big difference fundamentally between the engines?

The car drove really well when test driving, only 62k on the clock and full service history. Was hoping I had the more powerful revision! Ah well, not sure why the ad specs listed it as the 120kw.

If it is, in fact a 2011 Sportium HDi, then yes, it was the 120kW engine.

They appeared around Feb 2011 - with the Euro 5 emissions upgrade. In September 2011 the range was facelifted.

Peugeot goes Euro 5 for diesel 308

Sadly, there was also a late 2010 version, which I'm not sure had the Euro 5 engine upgrade, but by the end of 2010 all new cars were fitted with the Euro 5 motor (the RCZ was released with the 120kW motor in September 2010).
    Last edited by SLC206; 4th August 2018 at 04:57 PM.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    If it is, in fact a 2011 Sportium HDi, then yes, it was the 120kW engine.

They appeared around Feb 2011 - with the Euro 5 emissions upgrade. In September 2011 the range was facelifted.

Peugeot goes Euro 5 for diesel 308

Sadly, there was also a late 2010 version, which I'm not sure had the Euro 5 engine upgrade, but by the end of 2010 all new cars were fitted with the Euro 5 motor (the RCZ was released with the 120kW motor in September 2010).
    Well that's slightly confusing, it is most certainly and Sportium based on the features etc...
    On Carsales it states the VIN has RHR, the engine type is listed as DW10C2AM6C. Build date is listed as July 2010, Release date is January 2011.

Here is the link to the vehicle I purchased for more info. Any clarification would be great.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/d...AG-AD-16257141

That’s a 100kw Euro 4 odd car that late with that motor

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    That’s a 100kw Euro 4 odd car that late with that motor
    Yep, I have done some browsing online and I can tell the slight differences just looking at the engines now. The Euro 4 has the oil cap to the right of the engine and the Euro 5 to the left.

There are a few other 2011 Euro 4 on Carsales after searching, so not actually that rare but obviously at the end of their run.

Well I was extremely pleased with how the car drove when I took it for a test drive. Is there some positives in having the last run Euro4 engines? I'm guessing at that stage they would have ironed out any issues earlier versions might have had?

Also are is the DW10B a completely different engine to the DW10C?

1000+ Posts

There were an enormous number of small changes. The crankshaft, I think, was the main survivor. One very obvious change was to the EGR system. The newer motor has a passage passing through the head with the electrically driven EGR valve mounted in the front. The high pressure injection systems differ.

Your engine has the valve and water cooled heat exchanger at the back.

The DW10B was also pretty robust, but EGR problems do show up, so make sure that services are done on time and with the correct oil type. Fuel filter changes are straightforward but make sure you have a suitable spanner, as considerable "persuasion" is needed on the plastic cap. The oil filter also has a plastic cap with a hex drive formed on it. You can see this things on Youtube.
    Last edited by seasink; 4th August 2018 at 08:05 PM.

There were an enormous number of small changes. The crankshaft, I think, was the main survivor. One very obvious change was to the EGR system. The newer motor has a passage passing through the head with the electrically driven EGR valve mounted in the front. The high pressure injection systems differ.

Your engine has the valve and water cooled heat exchanger at the back.

The DW10B was also pretty robust, but EGR problems do show up, so make sure that services are done on time and with the correct oil type. Fuel filter changes are straightforward but make sure you have a suitable spanner, as considerable "persuasion" is needed on the plastic cap. The oil filter also has a plastic cap with a hex drive formed on it.
    Thanks Seasink, you have been very helpful. I'm looking forward to picking up the vehicle this week. It was an unexpected buy, my MKV Golf 2.0 TDI was written off a few weeks ago, thanks to a drunk motorcycle rider. I'm going to that miss that car.

However I'm pretty chuffed with my purchase, I got a decent price on it and the DW10B had only 62k on the clock and a three year warranty plan.

Out of curiousity where is the extra power coming from on the Euro5 version, is it simply the tune or the internals?

1000+ Posts

The prime need was to pass the new pollution regs, so the greatest number of changes were in combustion and injection.
    In PSA's words:
    Nouvelles chambres de combustion (Reconduction du modèle DW12 BTED4)
    L’objectif est de réduire les émissions à la source, c’est-à-dire dès la combustion.
    Pour des raisons de standardisation et de maitrise des coûts, ce modèle de combustion (appelé 24
    ECCS - Extreme Conventional Combustion System) sera commun à d’autres moteurs DT, DW et
    DV pour répondre à la norme €uro 5.
    Il est à noter que la température d’échappement est relativement élevée ce qui obligera à
    moduler la pression de suralimentation en fonction de l’utilisation du moteur.
    DW10 BTED4 DW10 CTED4
    Rapport volumétrique 1 / 18 1 / 16
    Pression turbo maxi 1 bar 1,6 bar
    13 % d’air admis en plus
    Pression maxi sur cylindre 160 bars 180 bars
    T° maxi sur échappement 780°C 830°C

Le nombre de trous sur injecteurs est augmenté à 8 (7 pour DW12 BTED4) pour :
    • Une pulvérisation plus homogène et mieux répartie,
    • Une meilleure précision du mouvement aérodynamique du jet sur la paroi en fonction
    de la montée du piston (trous à profils coniques entraînants une moindre perte de
    charge).
    L’effet de swirl est réduit pour :
    • Limiter les chutes de T° sur les parois et,
    • Eviter les superpositions de jets (source d’imbrûlés).
    Le taux de compression est réduit (16:1) pour une meilleure répartition de richesse et diminution
    des émissions de NOx (limitation pics de pression et donc de T°).
    La pression turbo est augmentée à 1,6b pour soutenir :
    • Le niveau de performances,
    • Le taux de gaz recyclés.
    Le gain en HC imbrûlés est de :
    • 5 à 10 % par la réduction du niveau de swirl,
    • 5 à 10 % par la réduction du taux de compression.
    La combinaison des deux permet de gagner entre 10 et 15 % (le gain final n’est pas
    l’addition des deux gains individuels).
    The improved efficiency gained more power.
    Last edited by seasink; 4th August 2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: lost formatting

The prime need was to pass the new pollution regs, so the greatest number of changes were in combustion and injection.
    In PSA's words: The improved efficiency gained more power.
    Right, it seems the increased boost on the Turbo would have been one of the main contributors to the extra power gains in the revised engine.

The turbo control cylinder head design and as seasink has said heaps of pollution gear changes all mount up to change the output and from what I have seen the rhh is and was a more reliable setup from new

It’s a July 2010 car but all in all ok make sure the ac is ok condensers are pretty common on these

It’s a July 2010 car but all in all ok make sure the ac is ok condensers are pretty common on these
    Thanks mate, A.C seemed all good. A quick question about the DW10BTED4 engine. Were there any changes/revisions along the way? Seems like I've picked up the last ones off the assembly line, were they all the same right through their production lifespan? Just curious.

There always is so I’ve worked on these cars since 95 so they changed the duel air intake the vacuum valves egr valves a few times injection went from Siemens to Delphi on yours oil pumps thermostats and the dpf sensors and additive heaps of stuff you never know

There always is so I’ve worked on these cars since 95 so they changed the duel air intake the vacuum valves egr valves a few times injection went from Siemens to Delphi on yours oil pumps thermostats and the dpf sensors and additive heaps of stuff you never know
    Thanks mate, looking forward to joining the Pug Family again.

Thread Information