Custom exausts
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Custom exausts

Default Custom exausts

Hey all

Advertisement

I was just wondering if it was possible to in stall a dual exaust system on a 404?

I just curious im not really planning on doin so when i get a job or anything but i think it would be cool. PLus being 14 and all i cant afford it

cheers
    I'm probably the youngest guy in canberra(15 yr) to own a 404, it's proably one of the fastest too!

I don't see why it couldn't be done, but youbetter have a whole load of dollars.
    You are probably better off sticking with a 505 big bore manifold and a sports single system that you could probably get made up out of standard parts for a reasonable sum.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blastek®
    Hey all

I was just wondering if it was possible to in stall a dual exaust system on a 404?

I just curious im not really planning on doin so when i get a job or anything but i think it would be cool. PLus being 14 and all i cant afford it

cheers

there is no reason why you can't but have you ever heard a 4cyl car with a dual exhaust ????????????

has to be one of the worst sounding systems you will ever hear but each to their own
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    there is no reason why you can't but have you ever heard a 4cyl car with a dual exhaust ????????????

has to be one of the worst sounding systems you will ever hear but each to their own
    the 206 GTi180 has twin tailpipes, dunno if it is dual pipes from the cat' back?

seen plenty of riced hatches both froggy and non-froggy with two or sometimes more. Even though I think thats crazy on a 4cyl car
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Quote Originally Posted by n b j
    the 206 GTi180 has twin tailpipes, dunno if it is dual pipes from the cat' back?

seen plenty of riced hatches both froggy and non-froggy with two or sometimes more. Even though I think thats crazy on a 4cyl car
    As long as the car IS NOT an auto.......any sports system should be OK..
    IMHO, 4 cylinder auto's with bigbore exhausts are the worst sound you would ever want to hear.....no there is worse....early "commodes"
    wjth "sport" mufflers or any gemini with a sport muffler... they sound like an unsatisfying fart

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n b j

most 4pot cars with twin pipes at the rear only have them at the rear

i think this bloke is talking twin pipes running most of the way back and exiting out of each side of the car which on a 4pot has to be the worst sounding thing i have ever heard

i had a mate that did it with his gemini and i am sure i have heard a 404 with twins as well
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    most 4pot cars with twin pipes at the rear only have them at the rear

i think this bloke is talking twin pipes running most of the way back and exiting out of each side of the car which on a 4pot has to be the worst sounding thing i have ever heard

i had a mate that did it with his gemini and i am sure i have heard a 404 with twins as well
    I once heard a Fiat 124 which had a header back twin system, both exiting out the right hand side of the car, with unequal length pipes - it just sounded magic!!!!!

Yeah, most Germini's sound crap - I also had a mate who had a quad pipe rear exit system on one - and it just sounded like a dogs breakfast.....
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

If it is a single system at any point and splits from there it should sound OK. If it is a true twin system, ie each pipe runs 2 cylinders then you will get the silly sound.
    I agree about autos with sports systems. They are a contradiction in terms aren't they? A sports auto??????
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Quote Originally Posted by Pugnut403
    If it is a single system at any point and splits from there it should sound OK. If it is a true twin system, ie each pipe runs 2 cylinders then you will get the silly sound.
    I agree about autos with sports systems. They are a contradiction in terms aren't they? A sports auto??????
    A mate of mine has a 404 I had a drive of it.

Personally i don't think that twin exhausts would do much?

A TYPE R sticker would give it more cool factor.

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Quote Originally Posted by Shobbz
    A mate of mine has a 404 I had a drive of it.

Personally i don't think that twin exhausts would do much?

A TYPE R sticker would give it more cool factor.

shobbz

Yeah i wasn't really planing on doin any thing silly with my car. But it would be funny to think what the ricer boys would think.
    I'm probably the youngest guy in canberra(15 yr) to own a 404, it's proably one of the fastest too!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugnut403
    I agree that they should be a contradiction but things like the McLaren/Mercedes SLR is an auto only option (i believe) and most HSV's sold here are autos as well! Quite sad really.

The GTi 180 is a single system all the way back. There is a big muffler where the spare wheel normally goes. It merely has twin tips coming out the back. Looks good though
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

nJm

The new Honda Accord Euro (2.4L 4cyl) and Subaru Liberty (2.5L flat4) have a 'fake' twin pipe system, in that it is one pipe from the engine, but they split it and put the tail pipe on either side of the car. Actually, I think our 3L Accord V6 has that too.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information