206 GTI 180 - Track Car - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 206 GTI 180 - Track Car

Quote Originally Posted by speaksgeek View Post
    If you get the dutch one, be aware that there are two variants. They sent me the wrong one first time, as there is an early production run change in the RHD 180's. My theory is all Australian models are the later setup, mine is 2004 and they claim it changed in 2005. The model you probably want is BE4X. You should be able to tell if you take the stock setup off and compare.
    My GTi180 (Jan 2004 build) had the early type mechanism - with the large metal lump on it as per the RC Shift, not the BE4X one.

Advertisement
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    My GTi180 (Jan 2004 build) had the early type mechanism - with the large metal lump on it as per the RC Shift, not the BE4X one.
    Good to know. My two must be a late 04 build then, they both have the BE4X type.
    206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, PeugeotSport Baffled Sump, Oil cooler, Quaife LSD, E85.

Sandown - 1:31.5
    Winton - 1:40.2
    Wakefield - 1:13.5
    Phillip Island - 1:55.9
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

Previously, 2x 504 Wagon, 505 Wagon, 505 STi, 405.

Tadpole

So, picked the car up Saturday evening & it’s very enjoyable to drive. Very similar to when I had an XR4 although the PUG doesn’t feel as solid (think it may be an age thing) it feels like it’s a bit faster.

First issue, driven it for about 60km & an engine light popped up with anti pollution filter error. Car seems relatively the same driving it, will scan it when I get a chance but searching this term doesn’t fill me with confidence...

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs
    206 GTI 180 Track Car
    Weld in CAMS spec roll cage
    15" C5 Wheels with Toyo R888R's 195/55/15
    Slotted & Dimpled Rotors with Track Pads
    SAAS Race Seats with 4 Point Harnesses
    SAAS Steering Wheel
    Oil Catch Can
    Gloss Anthracite Grey Car Wrap (Base) + Sponsors Logos
    www.nonameracing.net

Future Build Plans
    Spax PSX, Strut Tops, Oil Cooler, Torsion Bards, Sway Bars, Strut Braces, Full Exhaust, Cams, LSD, Probably a lot more

Sponsors
    Enso International
    BenjiDean
    Dashing Print
    HVG
    SassArt
    FlashCo

Fellow Frogger!

Anti pollution is catch all fault for anything on the engine from intake to exhaust, coilpacks, throttle body, O2 sensors etc.
    scanning it on OBD or even better the peugeot tool will get you closer to the issue.
    One very common issue is low battery. They hate that.
    206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, PeugeotSport Baffled Sump, Oil cooler, Quaife LSD, E85.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by speaksgeek View Post
    Anti pollution is catch all fault for anything on the engine from intake to exhaust, coilpacks, throttle body, O2 sensors etc.
    scanning it on OBD or even better the peugeot tool will get you closer to the issue.
    One very common issue is low battery. They hate that.
    Ok that makes a bit of sense now then. The car had a cat back exhaust & CAI on it that was changed over just before I collected it. I am assuming now that the ECU is struggling to readjust to the changes but will still have everything looked into this week when I can get our mechanic onto it. Will be going over everything with a fine tooth comb anyway & will change the battery over just in case as doesn't look brand new. Will get a build thread going hopefully before I head over to the UK, if not will setup when I am back mid-September.
    206 GTI 180 Track Car
    SAAS Steering Wheel
    Oil Catch Can
    www.nonameracing.net

Future Build Plans
    Spax PSX, Strut Tops, Oil Cooler, Torsion Bards, Sway Bars, Strut Braces, Full Exhaust, Cams, LSD, Probably a lot more

Sponsors
    Enso International
    BenjiDean
    Dashing Print
    HVG
    SassArt
    FlashCo

Tadpole

Hey fellas

Thought I would provide you an update on how things have progressed since my last post as it has been almost 8 weeks... A lot of work has gone into the car already with still a lot more to come over the coming weeks. Car has been checked over completely, fully stripped out & cage has started going in, all airbags have been removed, brakes have been changed over, EGR valve has been blocked off, C5 wheels cleaned up & painted satin black which will have TOYO R888Rs on them very shortly, racing seats with harnesses, race steering wheel, oil catch can, probably a lot more. I have setup our website & all social media sites where you can follow us (very basic at the moment). Images are on the website also. www.nonameracing.net

We have the interior for sale as well (seats, door cards, parcel shelf) all in great condition if anybody is interested.

206 GTI 180 - Track Car-img_6604.jpg206 GTI 180 - Track Car-img_6607.jpg206 GTI 180 - Track Car-img_6605.jpg
    206 GTI 180 - Track Car-img_6609.jpg206 GTI 180 - Track Car-img_6613.jpg206 GTI 180 - Track Car-img_9599.jpg
    CEyssens likes this.
    206 GTI 180 Track Car
    SAAS Steering Wheel
    Oil Catch Can
    www.nonameracing.net

Future Build Plans

Sponsors
    Enso International
    BenjiDean
    Dashing Print
    HVG
    SassArt
    FlashCo

Fellow Frogger!

Sounds good.
    If you're not changing the intake manifold, forget the catch can and retain the stock PCV system.
    PCV setup is a pain in these and the factory setup works fine.
    The EGR you mention is actually a cold air injection for emissions at start up. Fine to remove, and theres a heavy blower motor at the back of the airbox, in the wheel arch you can remove too.

Watching this with interest!
    2016 BMW 125i M Sport

Tadpole

Morning all,

Finally received the car back from having the cage installed & now preparing for a first run out Saturday 19th January at Marulan. If anybody is keen to take their car out, open track day at Marulan if you want to join us! Will let you know how it goes.
    speaksgeek likes this.
    206 GTI 180 Track Car
    SAAS Steering Wheel
    Oil Catch Can
    www.nonameracing.net

Future Build Plans

Sponsors
    Enso International
    BenjiDean
    Dashing Print
    HVG
    SassArt
    FlashCo

You are now ready to come racing with us in SuperTT, great racing and very affordable.
    90 205 Gti Cherry Red(Track Car)
    2009 207gti
    1985 505gti (Shitbox Rally) Sold

PBs:

Oran Park: 1:27:9
    Wakefield: 1:05.6 (July 2015)
    Eastern Creek: 1:54 (8v) 1:48 (16V)
    Mt Huntley: 34.44 (2004 stock 205)
    Ringwood: 35.06 (30/10/2005)
    Winton: 1:33.6 (2017)

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by cptdandan View Post
    Anybody recommend a short shift kit considering it looks like Griffith Engineering are no longer in existence?

Only found 1 from Holland so far https://www.short-shifters.com/rc-sh...ml?id=66465485
    I also have the newer style short shifter that SG has on my 180 which I daily, it’s been a great addition to the feel of shifts.
    Everything feels much more solid and direct over the stock linkage.

It is worth making sure which year gear box you have as both mine and my old man’s 180s are 2004 models but he has the older style short shifter and mine has the later “2005” marked unit.
    Either are pretty straight forward to install.
    Previous Cars: '89 405 Mi16 Series 1, '93 405 Mi16 Series 2 - Midnight blue, 2004 206 GTI 180 (silver)

Fellow Frogger!

Speaks geek,

"180 is geared way too high for the power it has at most tracks. You'll be lucky to get out of 4th except on the longest straights."
    I bought one the other day and drove it back on the dirt road, well that was interesting.
    The ride is very harsh and jolty whereas the 206 GTI deals with dirt roads well.
    As you say the gearing is very high!
    Not sure what has been done to my one but it goes like a cut cat , torque steers.
    Impressive car , great seats, no dash lights on and it runs perfectly.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information