2008 Peugeot 308 Aftermarket Head Unit
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2008 Peugeot 308 Aftermarket Head Unit

Hey guys,

Recently purchased a 2008 Peugeot 308 and looking at installing an CarPlay/Android aftermarket head unit, including reversing cam.

Advertisement

Iíve seen that the Fascia and Harnesses/s are pretty exy.

If anyone has any advice for the install or know where I should look at for associated components, like the fascia or harnesses it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
    Have recently put a new head unit in my 2003, 406. I looked for a unit that I liked bought it then went to an installer. I used a well known nationwide audio place. They ordered in the patch cables. There seemed to be two sources. Cables came in including patch cable to the steering wheel stalk which was around $90!!!
    Install is easy enough for them. I was not happy with AM reception so had the installer put an in line amplifier on the aerial. Now works well. I bought a Pioneer unit but there are plenty around. I have a Kenwwod, double DIN unit for my Navara ute with a reversing camera. Great for van hooking-up. Saves unseemly words on the hand held!

Tadpole

Yeah nice.

I was wondering whether or not to cough up the cash for the steering wheel control, but as the head units come pretty much button free these days i might have to. Good call on the in-line amplifier, will keep tha in mind.

Do you still have the parking sensor buzzer?

Or check out DHgate they have heaps of direct fit ones

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    Or check out DHgate they have heaps of direct fit ones
    Thanks, will have a look.

Tadpole

Hoping someone has an answer to this as well or the idea might be dead in the water. Another thing I just thought of, what happens to the menu function that is part of the OEM stereo for the display?

Tadpole

Default Update

For anyone interested.

I've been doing some research and have found what i believe will be the answer to my concerns.<br><br> https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/ctkp...=peugeot%20308

This will connect the aerial, allow for the steering wheel controls to function the display menu, otherwise controlled by the OEM stereo menu button (this is what i am led to believe). Although I'm unsure how you swap between, menu controls and audio controls on the one stalk.

I'll still need a Sony ISO harness to tie it all together as I'll be putting in the Sony XAV-AX5000.

I may need to purchase a separate harness for the the reverse sensors function, but I'll work that out when i get to it if required. I might just put a reverse camera in if the reverse sensors fail to work.

If anyone has anything further to add i may have forgotten, I'd be happy to hear it.

Cheers

Tadpole

Update for anyone looking at doing the same in the future.

This patch will allow function of both reverse sensors and steering wheel controls to remain.
    https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/peug...interface.html

This is the fascia.
    https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conn...?search=ct23pe

Dynamic Sounds UK, were more than happy to apply a discount to shipping (after payment), how much is yet to be seen, i'd imagine 5-10 pounds.

All up, just shy of $300 before head unit and ISO purchase. Was not expecting the price to be so high, when i took off on this adventure, but i guess it is what it is.

Thread Information