Pug 307 Auto wipers now intermittent
  • Register
  • Help

Icon9 Pug 307 Auto wipers now intermittent

Hello wise people,

The wipers on my 2007 307 Touring have recently decided that rain-sensing mode is too difficult. Whenever I select that mode - flick the wiper stalk down - and the dash readout says auto wipers activated (or whatever the words are), the wipers go into intermittent mode. It is the same wipe frequency as putting the stalk up one "click" into intermittent mode, and there is no rain sensing.

Advertisement

This happened soon, but not immediately, after the windscreen was changed. I don't think that the two things are related, but I mention it just in case.

Thanks for any help.
    Andrew
    Current cars: Peugeot 307 HDi Touring; Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; Peugeot 406 HDi, Peugeot 505 Familiale
    Previous cars: Peugeot 404;
    Renault 16TS;
    Peugeot 504 1800;
    Peugeot 504 GL;
    Peugeot 504 LTI;
    Peugeot 505 Familiale;
    Peugeot 604 (converted to TD)
    Peugeot 306 Cabriolet

COL

A lot of these auto sensors have a clear silicon pad goes between the sensor and the windscreen.

Maybe the windscreen installer forgot to put them back or they are not properly seated.

This is just my worth.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    A lot of these auto sensors have a clear silicon pad goes between the sensor and the windscreen.

Maybe the windscreen installer forgot to put them back or they are not properly seated.

This is just my worth.
    Thanks for your idea, Col.
    I have checked the silicon or gel pad. It is there and seems to be seated properly - there aren't any air bubbles. How else do you know if they're seated properly?

I don't know if the sensor inside the pad goes faulty or whatever, but I certainly hope that it isn't the problem. Dealer price to replace that sensor is a cool $650! Just the sensor. Labour is extra. Not that it should be a difficult job to replace, but $650? Yikes!

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Current cars: Peugeot 307 HDi Touring; Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; Peugeot 406 HDi, Peugeot 505 Familiale
    Renault 16TS;
    Peugeot 504 1800;
    Peugeot 504 GL;
    Peugeot 504 LTI;
    Peugeot 505 Familiale;
    Peugeot 306 Cabriolet

Fellow Frogger!

Had a similar problem when we had a 406,new windscreen and auto wipers not operating correctly. Non genuine screens not made to the same standards. Windscreen refitters paid half the cost of a new sensor but still the problem was not fixed. Ever since I insist on genuine windscreens only. They will try to get out of genuine windscreen cost but I now check with the insurance company before or while making a claim that I want genuine only.

Quote Originally Posted by geedee View Post
    They will try to get out of genuine windscreen cost but I now check with the insurance company before or while making a claim that I want genuine only.
    That sounds good in theory, but do insurance companies comply with your ‘demands’?
    I wonder what Shannon’s would say now if I told them that the auto wipers weren’t working properly.
    Cheers,
    Andrew
    Renault 16TS;
    Peugeot 504 1800;
    Peugeot 504 GL;
    Peugeot 504 LTI;
    Peugeot 505 Familiale;
    Peugeot 306 Cabriolet

COL

Quote Originally Posted by 505604 View Post
    That sounds good in theory, but do insurance companies comply with your ‘demands’?
    I wonder what Shannon’s would say now if I told them that the auto wipers weren’t working properly.
    Cheers,
    Andrew
    I would ring Shannons and find out.

Did Shannons ask then to fit a non genuine screen or did the windscreen company make the decision to install a non genuine screen?
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Fellow Frogger!

A non-genuine wondscreen is not fit for purpose if it does not do the job as the maker intended, that is what a replacement part should do.

Thread Information