• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By aymenzant

Thread: My 307 2.0L 2004 Petrol stopped and no longer starting

Tadpole

Default My 307 2.0L 2004 Petrol stopped and no longer starting

Hi guys,

I am having a problem starting my 307 2.0 L petrol now after suddenly stopping and refusing to start. The car cranks fine and the battery seems fully charged. After towing it home, I got on the net and so far checked the following.

- fuses are fine

- relay is fine since the pump is making sound, line humming for a couple of seconds then shutting off.

Advertisement

- grounds are also fine.

- I have checked the fuel pressure and there is no readings at all even though the pump is running with key on.

- I have taken out the fuel pump to inspect, disconnected all wires and reconnected, still humms at key on, but no fuel is going through the fuel line.

All this happened after filling up the tank with Unleaded E10.

Could anyone please advise on this and what do I need to do next? As I am currently looking at buying another fuel pump.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1000+ Posts

Can you get an OBD error code? That is, do you have access to a reader?

Where are you testing fuel pressure? Besides humming, is the sender pump actually pumping?

The worst the fuel could do is cause an engine knock. There is a knock sensor.

Tadpole

Thx mate for the quick reply. The car does not start at all, the only way I was able to get a code is after connecting the reader and crancking the car, which then returned something related to ignition coil....

When putting the key and turning the ignition to on, the humming comes up, however no fuel is flowing through the visible fuel line at the pump connection. Tried this a couple of times with nothing showing...

Should I replace the fuel pump?
    Thx

1000+ Posts

Had the fuel pump fail in my ('95 petrol) 605 - it suddenly refused to start (with no prior problem), which sounds just the same as your 307. However 605 fuel pump stopped making any noise at all.

When you turn the key on, does the fuel pump hum constantly, or just for a few seconds and then stop?

Cheers

Alec

Tadpole

For few seconds then stops. This happened out of the blue, no prior issues that I am aware of.

1000+ Posts

Sorry - you did say that in first post. Where/how did you measure fuel pressure?

Tadpole

At the fuel rail with the key on, that was before deciding to have a closer look at the pump itself.

1000+ Posts

Maybe someone else can say for certain, but I'd always assumed that the pump stopped because it had reached operating pressure. Or is it on a timer when key is first switched on? Actually, given that it's a mechanical pressure regulator, perhaps there is no electronic pressure sensor...

Tadpole

Thank you guys for all the help provided. I have bought a second hand pump from ASV in Villawood, installed it and the car started instantly...cheers

Armidillo and dimistyle like this.

Thread Information