Speed Limiter
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Speed Limiter

Default Speed Limiter

Any information on speed limiters in pugs at all? Do they exist? I have this 'friend', and he said that it would go any faster than 180, despite the fact he had more revs to play with.

Silly boy he is...

Advertisement

Any thoughts peoples?

Adm.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by koppers
    Any information on speed limiters in pugs at all? Do they exist? I have this 'friend', and he said that it would go any faster than 180, despite the fact he had more revs to play with.

Silly boy he is...

Any thoughts peoples?

Adm.

not sure about the pugs but it may be worth finding out for sure

i know falcons are speed limited to 180km/h hence i never believe people when they say they did some great speed from one unless they have played with it to bypass the limiter
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by koppers
    Any information on speed limiters in pugs at all? Do they exist? I have this 'friend', and he said that it would go any faster than 180, despite the fact he had more revs to play with. Silly boy he is... Any thoughts peoples?
    Adm.
    Which model ? 206GTi will do 215kph (so I'm told ). Van from 206gti.net will confirm.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I don't know about speed limiters but I have done just over 190km/h in my car

about 191 or 192km/h, I was doing about 6,500rpm or just less then that in 5th gear and I was on a very slight down hill.

And no, it wasn't on a public road
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

From experience GTi6's are speed limited to about 225km/h....
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

My son spends his time fiddling with the internals of engine management systems & the like & the only car I have ever heard him make comment on having a speed limiter is his GT-R.
    It's apparently law for them to have them in Japan on certain ultra high performance cars.
    A Pug, Mi16 I've no doubt you're referring to, will have a rev limiter of course which up to a point does the same job and on them it's set around 7200 rpm.
    In either case, rev or speed limiter, I know it's possible to increase the limitations but not something you'd want to do without first finding out whether the engine will stand the increase you intend taking it to.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

nJm

European cars tend to only have electronic speed limiters set to 155mph (about 250km/h). So if the car isn't capable of that sort of speed, you won't have anything. To limit a car below that speed woule make it dangerous on the high speed Auto Bahns etc.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

I dunno about the new new pugs but the rest of them never had speed limiters... as previously mentioned they did come with rev limiters (Mi16 had one) along with models such as the 605 (a.k.a the tasmanian devil) would have had rev limiters.

It's apparently law for them to have them in Japan on certain ultra high performance cars.
    I think the 180 kmh limiter in Japan is fitted to ALL cars?

EMC

my car has a mechanical speed limiter... its called 90HP engine with 4 speed gearbox ^_^
    1979 Peugeot 504 GL

"i know falcons are speed limited to 180km/h hence i never believe people when they say they did some great speed from one"........

HMMMM...thats interesting......do u know which models does it apply 2?...because i m sure i ve hit close to 192kmh in an EL.....was a fresh rental with like less than 1000kays on the clock...i was one of the first to drive it.....is it possible for it to have been rev limited to 180 but display the often incorrect speedo figure...ie i was doing 180 but speedo was showing 190+???

interesting nevertheless......

cheers

dino

My car is a '96 306 XR.... I still had a little under 1500rpm to play with in top gear, which was quite long I found.. Even at that speed (180 km/h) down a slight decline, it would not pick up even one km/h more...

Adam

I had a part time speed-governor on the bike.

When I had the wife on the back and she thought I was going too fast she'd punch me in the kidneys

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

Thread Information