Looking for someone to restore 504 on sunshine coast qld
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Looking for someone to restore 504 on sunshine coast qld

Hi

Advertisement

Passionate about my 504 1972 auto sedan, but very little time and not capable to fix it - looking for someone whom can bring it back into working condition ( its been stored inside for 4 yrs and not moved).
    Any one know of good peugeot free lance mechanic whom knows 504's autos. Thanks in anticipation.

What would you like to have done to the car? Is it currently driveable?

Tadpole

Hi its not driveable - has not been started or moved in 4 years - think complete mechanic check over, brakes, gearbox, engine, make good, battery etc. I know the must be oil leak from gearbox as had matt underneath which still has oil on it floor. Sorry but I am useless mechanically - but don't want to let this one go to the tip - and really want to be able to drive it - you know start the journey of its renovation - by being able one day to go through a drive through and watch the kids faces when i 'wind' down the window to place my order !!!!

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Hi, I'm working on my 504 at the moment and I know them pretty well. I'm up near Toowoomba. If the motor still turns it shouldn't be a big problem to get it running even after 4 years. Safe to assume the battery is dead. The auto is a Borg Warner 35 (same as a falcon of the same era) and they don't give much trouble. I've got one here anyway in a 76 LTi. Is the car under cover?

Thread Information