307CC Wiring Diagram
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 307CC Wiring Diagram

Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram for the 307CC?
    The RH rear lights (LEDs) are not working on my car. (The LH rear lights are fine.) Neither the bootlid-mounted light or the fender-mounted light is working, so I think the problem must be upstream somewhere (fuse? contactor?) rather than with the LED arrays themselves. The operator manual does not list a fuse for the RH lights so I am at a loss to know where to look now.
    A wiring diagram - or some sage advice - would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    Kim

Advertisement
    Current: 2008 307CC 2.0L Auto, 2000 Xantia 2.0L
    Past: BX (x 2!), 504 Wagon

Number plate globes blown pls reply if fixed by this

Tadpole

Many thanks for your reply. I have a wiring diagram for a 2004 307, which shows - just as you suggest - the number plate globe 12V line being in series with the rear light. So the number plate globe is acting as a fuse for the rear light - a strange concept, indeed!

So, ever hopeful, I replaced the number plate globe, and... no change - neither the number plate light or the rear light is working.

On that 2004 wiring diagram (I'm not sure whether it represents the wiring in the 2008 but it's all I have) I see that the 12V line for both the number plate light and the rear light comes from a "Built-in System Interface" (BSI). On the BSI there is are two fuses - F12 feeding the RH side and F22 feeding the LH side. Clearly a blown F12 could be the cause of my problem. (Incidentally, the list of fuses as shown in my car's Operator's Manual shows F12 as being for something other than the BSI, but we'll ignore that for the time being...)

Anyway, I think I need to check the F12 fuse on the BSI assuming it exists on the 2008 car...

Does anyone know whether:
    1. the 2008 cars use the BSI as per the 2004 cars, and if so
    2. where the BSI is located?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Kim

So the number plate globe is acting as a fuse for the rear light - a strange concept, indeed!
    Most likely a dropping resistor for the led lamps anyway.

IMO a practical demonstration of how a manufacturer will take "shortcuts" to avoid spending money on a couple .9 cent resistors.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

The BSI in a 2008 307 should be in the same location access panel inside the glovebox. So I hear. Owners manual should indicate where the fuses numbering.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

The non intelligent power switching can switch off after this as well try battery off for 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Most likely a dropping resistor for the led lamps anyway.

IMO a practical demonstration of how a manufacturer will take "shortcuts" to avoid spending money on a couple .9 cent resistors.
    No because the current draw drops with the globe out the bsi cuts power I donít think there is much price saving on those bloody tail lights

Tadpole

Well, I finally fixed my light problem. I have followed a most circuitous (sorry) path trying to determine the location of the F12 fuse (which I didn't ever find, btw) then proving that I did indeed have 12V at the black, 6-pin plug near the light, then going back to check the condition of the number plate light. Sure enough, the number plate globe was not seating properly so reseating it brought the whole system into life! Phew...
    It still amazes me that they would run the number plate globe in series with the rear light. A most incredible (and highly disappointing) instance of shoddy engineering.
    Anyway, many thanks for your various contributions here. I appreciate your input!
    Kim

I did tell you exactly what to check itís not bad engineering itís a common way of doing things donít Put it on Peugeot for the person who put the globe not doing their job properly almost all led lights in cars are run this way

I think it's a good system. Both lights should always be working
    Regards,

Simon

2014 208 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information