Peugeot 207 gti
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hito

Thread: Peugeot 207 gti

Default Peugeot 207 gti

Has anybody got there 207 gti tuned I wanna know what kind of results people a getting with tune and exhaust

Sent from my SM-G955F using aussiefrogs mobile app

Advertisement

https://www.etuners.gr/peugeot-207-1...pgrade-stages/

Have a read of that and you will get an idea of what to expect.

Personally my long term route is basically a Stage 2 unless i can get a good deal on an upgraded turbo and here are some prices to give you an idea of what costs will be:
    ** i am also in the trade so the prices listed are what a fair retail amount would be ** :

- Etuners Tune
    $900 - $1200

-DV Valve
    Just get the GFB one for $150 best on the market, locally made and very positive results.

- Custom Intercooler & Piping:
    FORGET about getting a Forge/Airtrack intercooler kit, stupidly expensive (currently on eBay for approx $800 AUD delivered... not including the engine bay hard pipes!)
    To make a similar, if not better kit i suggest doing the following, start by finding a twin outlet intercooler, you can find these for about $150, if your lucky you can even get a genuine Japanese performance brand (Blitz, HKS, TRUST etc..)

Then take it and your car to your local fabricator with:
    - 3x 45 Degree Silicone hoses
    - 4x Straight Silicone hoses
    $250 should cover you including the clamps then have them make up the pipes for you, including the engine bay hard pipes. Depending if you want fancy titanium burns or lobster welds this can go from $300+ (personally i am going to get mine powder coated)
    You will still have cash left over from $800 and get better result.

- Custom CAI
    3" stainless metal piping, a pod air filter
    theres not much to this hell you could get it done at the same time as your Intercooler
    wouldn't be more than $150 including a filter again can be more on how involved you want to get

- Decat Down-pipe
    Available on eBay for about $300, you could get it made locally at your local exhaust joint, for a similar price.

- Custom Exhaust
    This will depend all on you so i would budget $400 - $600 for a good catback with mandrel bends and a nice new resonator into a new muffler. If you get it done at the same time as the Down pipe you will save some cash.

I am planning on having a 3" dump into 2.5" decat into a 2.5" intermediate exhaust with a free flowing resonator into a high flow muffler. If you dont get what i mean i can get you a diagram of what sections im talking about

- Water/Meth Injection
    A single nozzle set up with pump tank etc..etc.. is about $900, at this stage i am just beginning to look into it but i will be wanting it to be switchable so my tune map is able to take advantage of it when in use. Basically driving to work i wouldn't use it, but on track days and when i go for a drive with the guys it would be on from start to finish.

After the above it starts to get really really expensive, however being a small little hatch ill be spending just as much money on the suspension and brakes being fast in a straight line is all well and good but these cars are so much more fun when you can hold speed through corners.

My 200 cents
    mushy likes this.
    PM Me for all New Genuine Spare Parts & Accessories.
    Current:
    2007 Peugeot 207 GTi
    ...Let the mods begin...

Previous:
    2000 Peugeot 206 GTi - SOLD
    1995 Peugeot 306 S16 - SOLD

thanks for that really appreciate it.. I'll be getting an exhaust done this coming week most likely a 3inch maybe stainless

Sent from my SM-G955F using aussiefrogs mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mushy View Post
    thanks for that really appreciate it.. I'll be getting an exhaust done this coming week most likely a 3inch maybe stainless
    No need to go 3". Just do 2.5" cat back. unless your going for a stage 3+ car its not going to help you
    PM Me for all New Genuine Spare Parts & Accessories.
    Current:
    2007 Peugeot 207 GTi
    ...Let the mods begin...

Previous:
    2000 Peugeot 206 GTi - SOLD
    1995 Peugeot 306 S16 - SOLD

Thread Information